I wasn't sure where to create this thread either in the music section or the fitness area but whatever.

So I need to stop listening to classic music and indie records while working out. It's kind of bumming me out and doesn't get me hyped up. I need some help with some recommendations of good hype songs to add to a custom gym playlist that I'm making. Any genre at all except for classical and indie obviously since I'm trying to move away from those two genres at the gym.

I have these two songs already

I was this cool the whole time.

Don't have one. The best trainer I've ever had once told me that it's better to have your rhythm dictated by your own movements than by music. Music can make you go too fast, for example, when you need to perform a slow and control motion

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jun 12, 2023, 10:47 AMDon't have one. The best trainer I've ever had once told me that it's better to have your rhythm dictated by your own movements than by music. Music can make you go too fast, for example, when you need to perform a slow and control motion

I agree somewhat. When I'm working out I do still listen to music, but I tend to listen to ambient, often beatless soundscapes so I can focus on the rhythm of the exercises. If I listen to anything too exciting I lose count of my reps and end up confusing myself.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 12, 2023, 11:10 AMI agree somewhat. When I'm working out I do still listen to music, but I tend to listen to ambient, often beatless soundscapes so I can focus on the rhythm of the exercises. If I listen to anything too exciting I lose count of my reps and end up confusing myself.

So the last part about losing count of reps I do that all the time. I'm lucky that when I'm training, my trainer tends to keep track of the reps for me.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jun 12, 2023, 11:13 AMSo the last part about losing count of reps I do that all the time. I'm lucky that when I'm training, my trainer tends to keep track of the reps for me.

For sure. I used to work with a trainer as well, but I stopped after Covid hit and I haven't gone back. I honestly don't miss the environment of the gym I used to go to, too much noise, hustle and bustle, and I enjoy the privacy of working out at home. It's actually quite a zen thing for me to work out as part of my ritual in the calm early morning atmosphere.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 12, 2023, 11:24 AMFor sure. I used to work with a trainer as well, but I stopped after Covid hit and I haven't gone back. I honestly don't miss the environment of the gym I used to go to, too much noise, hustle and bustle, and I enjoy the privacy of working out at home. It's actually quite a zen thing for me to work out as part of my ritual in the calm early morning atmosphere.

I go to the gym early mornings and feel like I have the entire gym to myself because people don't like to work out that early.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jun 12, 2023, 04:57 PMI go to the gym early mornings and feel like I have the entire gym to myself because people don't like to work out that early.

You're lucky! At every gym I've ever been a member of the early morning is when it's full of all the old guys who like sit on the equipment and chit chat.  :laughing:

Not sure if this is something you'd like or not but this is a track that always pumps me up:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I mainly listen to Talksport.

Its a radio station where they talk about sport. 90% of the time, it is football.

Very interesting I know.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 12, 2023, 05:04 PMYou're lucky! At every gym I've ever been a member of the early morning is when it's full of all the old guys who like sit on the equipment and chit chat.  :laughing:

Not sure if this is something you'd like or not but this is a track that always pumps me up:

Yeah I'm putting all recommendations into a single playlist and will be using it.

I completely forgot about how much I loved Jurassic 5. I ended up listening to their album at the gym and I think this song is going onto the list.

When this song comes on while on my workout playlist and I'm on the elliptical. I get a fresh new wind of energy and just start going harder.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jun 03, 2023, 01:11 PM

Villa walk out to this at Villa Park (Ozzy is from Aston) and it gets me so hyped.

When I hear it I imagine I'm a world heavyweight boxer doing my ring walk.

The fans are going wild and I'm walking to the ring with confidence and pizzazz as I'm about to become undisputed champion with a ferocious knockout.

Great choice basically.

Only God knows.

I mainly listen to metal at the gym. Slayer comes to mind. :laughing:

Slayer - Threshold

Cant go wrong listening to Meshuggah to smash out a session at the gym.  :D

Meshuggah - Bleed