Quote from: Jwb on Nov 08, 2023, 02:36 PMI don't know.  I think the poll i heard had biden up by 1 point nation wide without RFK and his lead grows to 4 points when you factor RFK in. Then if you add in Cornel West Bidens lead skeins shrinks back to 1%. But i didn't look at the state by state breakdown.

It did have both RFK and Cornel polling way higher than i expect they will get in the actual election.  They had RFK at life 19 percent with cornel in the race and 22 percent without him.  That seems unlikely to me.

Yeah I saw that 22% for RFK in one (or maybe more) polls too. There's no shot that's representative of what share of the vote he'll get in the general. I'd be absolutely stunned.

I tend to agree, but this is shaping up to be a pretty unusual election so i don't rule it out necessarily. Not to say i see him getting 22% but even if he got half of that, that would be pretty impressive.   It's certainly not normal to not only have the same exact match up as the last election but also with both candidates being as wounded as they are...Biden because of age and Trump because of his legal issues as well as just his just polarizing presence in general.  I'm expecting people taking a look at rfk in the polls are probably just frustrated with the options on the table but will ultimately fall in line with the two party dynamic once it comes time for the actual election. But who knows.

Quote from: Jwb on Nov 08, 2023, 03:47 PMI tend to agree, but this is shaping up to be a pretty unusual election so i don't rule it out necessarily. Not to say i see him getting 22% but even if he got half of that, that would be pretty impressive.   It's certainly not normal to not only have the same exact match up as the last election but also with both candidates being as wounded as they are...Biden because of age and Trump because of his legal issues as well as just his just polarizing presence in general.  I'm expecting people taking a look at rfk in the polls are probably just frustrated with the options on the table but will ultimately fall in line with the two party dynamic once it comes time for the actual election. But who knows.

Absolutely it would be impressive. If he gets those kind of numbers, he has the chance to be kingmaker. In other words, dropping out and endorsing Trump or Biden in return for something...maybe an AG appointment? Not sure.

In other polls that are difficult to believe, this one claims that Trump is actually leading Biden among black men and voters aged  < 35.

President TRAILS Trump by four points nationwide and among black men, young and independent voters - and just 25% think he has the 'stamina' to run the country

QuoteThe president has lost support since 2020 among a number of different voting groups.

Voters aged under 35 now back Trump by 48 percent to 47 percent for Biden.

The votes of black men have shifted to Trump, with him now garnering 49 percent support to Biden's 46 percent.

In 2020 Biden won the votes of black men by 34 points.

#198 Nov 08, 2023, 07:57 PM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2023, 08:03 PM by Nimbly9
You know things are bad when swing-state voters actually want the Insurrectionist-In-Chief back over the last few years with Biden.  That's a pretty pathetic showing for a party that's supposed to be all about competent governance.  And they're so abysmally incompetent that they think they can coast on being pro-abortion because they literally have no idea what to do about any other issue.

I agree with Jwb that this is a really strange election.  You have an extremely unpopular incumbent vs a guy with 91 indictments who is also one of the most polarizing people of the last half century. If a 3rd party candidate was going to try to make a big play, they could wait a 100 years and never find a better opportunity to win.

Quote from: SGR on Nov 07, 2023, 11:34 PMA racist? I haven't heard that one. I've heard the anti-vax one though.

I was this cool the whole time.

Jesus Christ, why does Chris Christie suddenly look so old?

Cause he runs his campaign from McDonalds and it shows.  He looks physically ill - probably needs to see a doctor.

Debate was kinda interesting, albeit typical.  I lol'd when Vivek called out the moderators at the start. He made a good point later on about men taking greater responsibility in regards to the pro-life / pro-choice debate.

Haley was pretty typical the whole time, though she made a few good points about debt culpability with both parties and how we have hundreds of millions in Covid-19 fraud that should be going back into regular people's pockets but the IRS targets middle class people and the poor.

Overall I don't think the debate going to change anyone's mind about whatever they were thinking before they watched it.  Trump is still in the lead, Biden's half comatose and RFK Jr. is having a good laugh because he's polling better than all the non-Trump GOP candidates combined.

The most memorable part of the debate was when Vivek said something along the lines of: "We don't need Dick Cheney in three inch heels as president - and we've got two of them on this stage!"  :laughing:  :laughing:

Every time the camera zoomed in on Desantis, you could see how nervous he looked.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Nov 09, 2023, 06:25 AMCause he runs his campaign from McDonalds and it shows.  He looks physically ill - probably needs to see a doctor.

Debate was kinda interesting, albeit typical.  I lol'd when Vivek called out the moderators at the start. He made a good point later on about men taking greater responsibility in regards to the pro-life / pro-choice debate.

Haley was pretty typical the whole time, though she made a few good points about debt culpability with both parties and how we have hundreds of millions in Covid-19 fraud that should be going back into regular people's pockets but the IRS targets middle class people and the poor.

Overall I don't think the debate going to change anyone's mind about whatever they were thinking before they watched it.  Trump is still in the lead, Biden's half comatose and RFK Jr. is having a good laugh because he's polling better than all the non-Trump GOP candidates combined.

Trump lives off of McDonald's and he doesn't look as bad. So no it's definitely something else. I will NOT tolerate Mickey Ds slander sir.

Vivek making that point is so fucking stupid. Men don't need to be anywhere near the pro choice/pro life debate. When men can start delivering babies from their own bodies then they can jump in on the debate until then STFU.

The IRS is recouping the covid relief money from everyone that scammed for it. The big corporations will get away with it though because they always do. The same way they get away with paying zero dollars in tax money because of loopholes.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 16, 2023, 07:21 PMTrump lives off of McDonald's and he doesn't look as bad. So no it's definitely something else. I will NOT tolerate Mickey Ds slander sir.

Vivek making that point is so fucking stupid. Men don't need to be anywhere near the pro choice/pro life debate. When men can start delivering babies from their own bodies then they can jump in on the debate until then STFU.

The IRS is recouping the covid relief money from everyone that scammed for it. The big corporations will get away with it though because they always do. The same way they get away with paying zero dollars in tax money because of loopholes.

1. Burger King then.

2. The point Vivek made was that men should be taking responsibility for their actions and that if they don't want kids (doubly so if she doesn't want them either or wants to take on that risk) then men should be paying for their own contraceptives and all that.  Pretty reasonable opinion.

3. The IRS is more likely to show up at my house with a gun than me getting back any kind of Covid-related money that got somehow scammed from the public.  And that's pretty sad.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Nov 17, 2023, 05:31 AM1. Burger King then.

2. The point Vivek made was that men should be taking responsibility for their actions and that if they don't want kids (doubly so if she doesn't want them either or wants to take on that risk) then men should be paying for their own contraceptives and all that.  Pretty reasonable opinion.

3. The IRS is more likely to show up at my house with a gun than me getting back any kind of Covid-related money that got somehow scammed from the public.  And that's pretty sad.

1. Fine slander Burger King I like em but I'm fine with people shit talking BK.

2. Oh okay I didn't see the debate so I didn't know the context but I agree.

3. That's not true they have already gotten back some of them of the money and they have also arrested some of the bigger time scammers regardless of what you think about them not being able to recoup the funds. Its the IRS. They WILL get their money or punish people. Just like the saying goes only two things guaranteed in life is death and taxes.

Donald Trump to remain on Colorado primary ballot after judge dismisses lawsuit

QuoteA judge in Colorado has rejected an attempt to bar former President Donald Trump from the state's 2024 Republican presidential primary.

It ends a landmark trial over a lawsuit that argued Mr Trump's actions leading up to the 2021 Capitol riot render him ineligible to hold office again.

Similar challenges, based on a US Civil War-era constitutional amendment, have also failed in three other states.

QuoteAccording to a news release from the RNC, the next debate will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 6 from 7-9 p.m. Central time.