Quote from: Nimbly9 on Nov 01, 2023, 08:58 PMLooks like Nikki Haley is gaining some ground in the polls...

It's because she doesn't hide the heels she wears

^ Haha! Alongside DeSantis and Trump, she looks young and attractive, plus she's an unprincipled, disingenious opportunist, so she has that going for her too. If she can harness the power of Pence's recently freed-up 2% of the voter share, she could ride that tsunami all the way to the White House!!

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 01, 2023, 08:13 AMIsn't Plan B technically Harris, that's all they are waiting on. If Biden has something preventing him from running they will just go with Harris.

^ yes, I assume that K Harris is their Plan B, DJ, although recently a new presidential candidate has declared himself: spoiler because this is the wrong thread to put it in:-

Spoiler
List of Democratic candidates
Joe Biden (D), incumbent president of the United States, announced he would run for re-election on April 25, 2023.[20]
Dean Phillips (D), a U.S. representative from Minnesota, announced his candidacy on October 26, 2023.[36]
Cenk Uygur (D), a media commentator and founder of The Young Turks, announced his candidacy on October 12, 2023. At the time of the announcement, it was not clear that Uygur met the natural born citizen requirement in Article II, Section 1, of the United States Constitution.[7]
Marianne Williamson (D), 2020 presidential candidate and author, announced her candidacy on February 23, 2023.[30]

[close]

QuoteI hate the corporate Democrats and how they just go along to get along using the same ole system that they have had in place for years.

^ If by this you mean that the Dems are taking a complacent attitude when it comes to "selling" their leaders to the public, I'd agee with you. K Harris did well back in her Senate days, but she falls short in the charm department, I fear. She should be out there, opening a refuge for homeless puppies or stuff like that, to crank up her popularity a bit, imo. 

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Nov 02, 2023, 02:13 PM^ yes, I assume that K Harris is their Plan B, DJ, although recently a new presidential candidate has declared himself: spoiler because this is the wrong thread to put it in:-

Spoiler
List of Democratic candidates
Joe Biden (D), incumbent president of the United States, announced he would run for re-election on April 25, 2023.[20]
Dean Phillips (D), a U.S. representative from Minnesota, announced his candidacy on October 26, 2023.[36]
Cenk Uygur (D), a media commentator and founder of The Young Turks, announced his candidacy on October 12, 2023. At the time of the announcement, it was not clear that Uygur met the natural born citizen requirement in Article II, Section 1, of the United States Constitution.[7]
Marianne Williamson (D), 2020 presidential candidate and author, announced her candidacy on February 23, 2023.[30]

[close]

The thing is the Democratic caucaus is not going to put support behind any of the other candidates attempting to run. Yeah I completely forgot about Cenk and I watch TYT. He says he's only running as like a placeholder because someone needs to run against Biden he thinks, well someone more progressive.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Nov 02, 2023, 02:13 PM^ If by this you mean that the Dems are taking a complacent attitude when it comes to "selling" their leaders to the public, I'd agee with you. K Harris did well back in her Senate days, but she falls short in the charm department, I fear. She should be out there, opening a refuge for homeless puppies or stuff like that, to crank up her popularity a bit, imo. 

I partly meant that but I also meant that it's tradition for the Democratic causcaus to get behind the incumbent and only push for them so they can win a re-election. They aren't going to just pivot to someone else no matter how good the candidate is.

I was this cool the whole time.

Trump gears up for a rally in Hialeah, Florida, one of the most Latino cities in the country

QuoteTrump is again ditching the Republican debate in Miami and going to Hialeah, a Republican bastion in Miami-Dade County that's over 95% Hispanic — and where he has ample support.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 01, 2023, 08:13 AMIsn't Plan B technically Harris, that's all they are waiting on. If Biden has something preventing him from running they will just go with Harris. I hate the corporate Democrats and how they just go along to get along using the same ole system that they have had in place for years.

That's gotta be the worst backup plan of all time. Dems might as well just give Republicans the presidency now in that case. Biden's brain is fried, and yet he's still got better favorability than Harris.

Some have been floating the idea of Newsom, but I can't imagine that happening - a white man stealing the job from a black woman who's the current 'heir apparent' wouldn't play well optically for the Dems.

If they could convince her to run, Michelle Obama would be the best bet. She'd get the voters out in droves on election day. The media would give her all kinds of airtime and plenty of softball interviews and questions in the run-up to the election too. I doubt she's willing to do it though. 

So with RFK Jr. running independently, which party do we think he'll end up siphoning more votes from?

Quote from: SGR on Nov 07, 2023, 07:36 PMSo with RFK Jr. running independently, which party do we think he'll end up siphoning more votes from?

Republicans most likely because the Dems have done a good job of painting him as a racist.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 07, 2023, 11:26 PMRepublicans most likely because the Dems have done a good job of painting him as a racist.

A racist? I haven't heard that one. I've heard the anti-vax one though.

#189 Nov 08, 2023, 01:44 AM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2023, 01:49 AM by Jwb
I don't think Harris is the back up plan.  Except in the sense that if he dies in office she would inherit power.  I do not see them actually trying to run her in a presidential campaign.  I would assume if they were going to try to replace Biden they would have a primary. The time for that is pretty much up.  No matter how much people on the Dem side panic in the last hour, it seems like they're stuck with Biden regardless.

Quote from: SGR on Nov 07, 2023, 07:36 PMSo with RFK Jr. running independently, which party do we think he'll end up siphoning more votes from?
i've heard the polling now has him taking slightly more from Trump than Biden. 

#191 Nov 08, 2023, 03:59 AM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2023, 04:08 AM by Nimbly9
RFK Jr. is showing up in the mid 20 percentiles now in a lot of major polls...and we're still a year out from election. He's doing way better than Perot did back in the 90's as a point of comparison, and that guy never got more than 19% despite being the most effective 3rd party candidate in American history. He has a legitimate shot at winning depending on what happens over the next half year or so.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Nov 08, 2023, 03:59 AMRFK Jr. is showing up in the mid 20 percentiles now in a lot of major polls...and we're still a year out from election. He's doing way better than Perot did back in the 90's as a point of comparison, and that guy never got more than 19% despite being the most effective 3rd party candidate in American history. He has a legitimate shot at winning depending on what happens over the next half year or so.

This would unironically be the funniest outcome. While the left and right are bitching and moaning at each other, the rug gets pulled out from under them.

The left: "He's an anti-vaxxer!"

The right: "He's a gun grabber!"

Quote from: Jwb on Nov 08, 2023, 01:46 AMi've heard the polling now has him taking slightly more from Trump than Biden. 

Are those the same pollsters that have Trump leading in battleground states over Biden? Just curious.

I don't know.  I think the poll i heard had biden up by 1 point nation wide without RFK and his lead grows to 4 points when you factor RFK in. Then if you add in Cornel West Bidens lead skeins shrinks back to 1%. But i didn't look at the state by state breakdown.

It did have both RFK and Cornel polling way higher than i expect they will get in the actual election.  They had RFK at life 19 percent with cornel in the race and 22 percent without him.  That seems unlikely to me.