Bing. Bong. Bong. Bing.

Bing... bong... bong... bing, bing, bing...

Trump and Son - The Nancy Episodes...

Next debate is November 8th in Miami and so far only three candidates have qualified to be in it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/us/politics/debate-republican-candidates-qualify.html

I was this cool the whole time.

Lol I guess Chris Christie couldn't hack it.

Nope which is sad. He brings the comic relief. He's the only one that likes to shit talk Trump. It will be sad if he doesn't make it in time. I don't know if they have a cut off time or deadline before they can qualify or get disqualified.

Christie's 'comic relief' is usually because his canned jokes are so lame, you can't help but laugh:

Christie doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president. Even Republicans don't like him. Makes sense to get him off the stage to give candidates who have a more serious chance some airtime.

Makes sense to just cancel the rest of the debates if Trump isn't going to be there tbh.

We tried it without Trump and it's just demonstrably not worth watching.

Quote from: Jwb on Oct 23, 2023, 08:55 PMMakes sense to just cancel the rest of the debates if Trump isn't going to be there tbh.

We tried it without Trump and it's just demonstrably not worth watching.

Yeah I don't disagree, they've been rather boring. On the other hand, if we get only 4 or 5 candidates on the stage, maybe we could actually get some entertaining back and forths. In all honesty though, the format of these stupid debates (and they are stupid) are more geared toward getting soundbites and gotchas instead of being conducive to well reasoned and thoughtful explanations. Legit, if you had someone like Joe Rogan or Lex Fridman moderating a discussion between 3 or 4 of these candidates, without strict time limits on responses, and you just let the candidates engage with each other, it'd be a lot more informative (and probably a lot more entertaining).

Yeah but the problem with wittling it down to just 4 or 5 of them is that the front runner still isn't there.  And he's the presumptive nominee.  So what are people even watching for? More Vivek vs Haley? I think I'll pass lol.

Quote from: Jwb on Oct 24, 2023, 12:08 AMYeah but the problem with wittling it down to just 4 or 5 of them is that the front runner still isn't there.  And he's the presumptive nominee.  So what are people even watching for? More Vivek vs Haley? I think I'll pass lol.

People are watching to see who they might maybe want to vote for if they don't vote for Trump. Outside of the die hard cult driving Trumpers.

Quote from: SGR on Oct 24, 2023, 08:57 PM

:laughing:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Only God knows.

#177 Oct 31, 2023, 04:08 PM Last Edit: Oct 31, 2023, 04:12 PM by Lisnaholic
Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 24, 2023, 01:29 AMPeople are watching to see who they might maybe want to vote for if they don't vote for Trump.

^ Yep, this is a valid idea imo, though I imagine that for all the "people ... watching", there were many more who weren't. Personally, I never watch that kind of stuff for any party in any country, relying instead on the highlights that make the headlines. What's useful, though, is to have on record the performance and ideas of all these "also ran" candidates. That's because Trump has several obstacles* to overcome before he makes it to Presidential Candidate, and if he falls at any one hurdle, these "also rans" will suddenly become significant, rather in the way that outsider Mike Johnson has suddenly become an important figure in the GOP after the spectacular defeats of more familiar "front runner" types.

* Obstacles for Trump:-
(i) like Biden, he has to avoid any catastrophic health crisis between now and the 2024 election
(ii) ditto, avoid the onset of senility to such an extent that it goes beyond the current half-amusing gaffes that the partisan media outlets so love
(iii) he has to actually get his name on the ballot, which may not happen if the case based on the 14th Amendment is taken seriously
(iv) if convicted in any of the 91(?) indictments he's currently facing, he's got to persuade electors, GOP, legal scholars that he's still a potential president.

Pro-Trumpers don't seem to acknowledge these problems, and they may find they are caught out, unprepared, furthur down the campaign line. Dems as well don't seem to be doing much to bolster the popularity of a Biden replacement, so perhaps that's campaign policy all round: act like your guy is invincible. I just hope the Dems, behind the scenes, have a Plan B, where B stands for "Not Biden".   

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Oct 31, 2023, 04:08 PM^ Yep, this is a valid idea imo, though I imagine that for all the "people ... watching", there were many more who weren't. Personally, I never watch that kind of stuff for any party in any country, relying instead on the highlights that make the headlines. What's useful, though, is to have on record the performance and ideas of all these "also ran" candidates. That's because Trump has several obstacles* to overcome before he makes it to Presidential Candidate, and if he falls at any one hurdle, these "also rans" will suddenly become significant, rather in the way that outsider Mike Johnson has suddenly become an important figure in the GOP after the spectacular defeats of more familiar "front runner" types.

* Obstacles for Trump:-
(i) like Biden, he has to avoid any catastrophic health crisis between now and the 2024 election
(ii) ditto, avoid the onset of senility to such an extent that it goes beyond the current half-amusing gaffes that the partisan media outlets so love
(iii) he has to actually get his name on the ballot, which may not happen if the case based on the 14th Amendment is taken seriously
(iv) if convicted in any of the 91(?) indictments he's currently facing, he's got to persuade electors, GOP, legal scholars that he's still a potential president.

Pro-Trumpers don't seem to acknowledge these problems, and they may find they are caught out, unprepared, furthur down the campaign line. Dems as well don't seem to be doing much to bolster the popularity of a Biden replacement, so perhaps that's campaign policy all round: act like your guy is invincible. I just hope the Dems, behind the scenes, have a Plan B, where B stands for "Not Biden".   

Isn't Plan B technically Harris, that's all they are waiting on. If Biden has something preventing him from running they will just go with Harris. I hate the corporate Democrats and how they just go along to get along using the same ole system that they have had in place for years.

Looks like Nikki Haley is gaining some ground in the polls...