Quote from: SGR on Sep 05, 2023, 04:12 PMFair enough - but makes me wonder, isn't that what they always say when running in a primary? Has anyone actually come out and said: "Yes, I'd be totally happy with a VP spot or a cabinet position" during a primary run? It makes me think their support and donors would dry up if they did.

I feel like he's an all or nothing type of guy though. I also question his motives for even running. I wonder if he just wants publicity for his company or something.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 05, 2023, 06:38 PMI feel like he's an all or nothing type of guy though. I also question his motives for even running. I wonder if he just wants publicity for his company or something.

Without knowing his motives though, we don't really know what 'all or nothing' even means in this context.

Quote from: SGR on Sep 05, 2023, 06:42 PMWithout knowing his motives though, we don't really know what 'all or nothing' even means in this context.

True it's all speculative. We shall see.

September 27th is the second debate.

Did anyone watch the second debate? I was a bit too busy and didn't get a chance. I'm going to check out the buzzwords and highlight reel soon from it.

Cliff notes if you will.

#155 Sep 29, 2023, 12:14 AM Last Edit: Sep 29, 2023, 12:17 AM by SGR
Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 28, 2023, 09:37 PMDid anyone watch the second debate? I was a bit too busy and didn't get a chance. I'm going to check out the buzzwords and highlight reel soon from it.

Cliff notes if you will.

I did. Snoozefest. Chris Christie called Donald Trump 'Donald Duck', in one of the weakest and most cringe-worthy insults of late (Hillary Clinton came up with it). Vivek kinda shrank from the spotlight, though he had a controversial take on trans issues - Pence was rather forgettable, DeSantis was okay, maybe a bit better than his first outing, thankfully putting his foot down when the hosts tried to get them to do the 'vote the worst candidate off the island' thing. Haley had a strong night, with a quip towards Vivek: "Every time I hear you, I feel like I'm getting dumber" - I think she won the night, as I thought she did the first time. Tim Scott interjected too much and came off as weak and annoying (he was vying for more time, it didn't work).

Quote from: SGR on Sep 29, 2023, 12:14 AMI did. Snoozefest. Chris Christie called Donald Trump 'Donald Duck', in one of the weakest and most cringe-worthy insults of late (Hillary Clinton came up with it). Vivek kinda shrank from the spotlight, though he had a controversial take on trans issues - Pence was rather forgettable, DeSantis was okay, maybe a bit better than his first outing, thankfully putting his foot down when the hosts tried to get them to do the 'vote the worst candidate off the island' thing. Haley had a strong night, with a quip towards Vivek: "Every time I hear you, I feel like I'm getting dumber" - I think she won the night, as I thought she did the first time. Tim Scott interjected too much and came off as weak and annoying (he was vying for more time, it didn't work).

I saw some stupid media piece about right wingers thoughts on their performances before and how they did now.

Most that were for Haley after the first debate claimed they are now on team DeSantis.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 29, 2023, 03:50 PMI saw some stupid media piece about right wingers thoughts on their performances before and how they did now.

Most that were for Haley after the first debate claimed they are now on team DeSantis.

Was there a little 'survey funded by Team DeSantis for America' at the bottom of the article?

Quote from: SGR on Sep 29, 2023, 10:51 PMWas there a little 'survey funded by Team DeSantis for America' at the bottom of the article?

It was a television segment on one of those news channels.

Vivek is a pussy.

Idgaf lol.  You think I'm team Haley or something? That bitch has eyes that look like theyre being propped open by the scientists from A Clockwork Orange. Every time they pan to her i can't tell if she's been chewing Adderall or if there are shapeshifting entities that are holding back her eyelids for some apparent symbolic reason.

Wikipedia defines the Inflation Reduction Act:-

"The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) is a landmark United States federal law which aims to curb inflation by possibly reducing the federal government budget deficit, lowering prescription drug prices, and investing into domestic energy production while promoting clean energy."

Nikki Haley's take on it:-

QuoteFormer South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who is running for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, rebuked the Inflation Reduction Act on its anniversary as President Joe Biden's "communist manifesto."

"The IRA is a communist manifesto filled with tax hikes and green subsidies that benefit China and make America more dependent on Beijing," Haley wrote in a statement Wednesday. "While Joe Biden cozies up to Xi Jinping, American families are footing the bill for all this spending. As president, I will repeal Biden's green energy handouts and make sure Americans are not dependent on China for vital goods."

= the day I lost any respect for Nikki Haley.
AFAIK, the Act introduces the concept that the government can negotiate medicine prices with the pharmaceutical companies, something which, depite being Big Pharma's biggest customer, it has not yet been allowed to do. Nikki Haley calls this good old price haggling "communist" because it could erode the run-away profits of her Big Pharma donor buddies. That's disgraceful.   

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Jwb on Oct 02, 2023, 02:52 AMIdgaf lol.  You think I'm team Haley or something? That bitch has eyes that look like theyre being propped open by the scientists from A Clockwork Orange. Every time they pan to her i can't tell if she's been chewing Adderall or if there are shapeshifting entities that are holding back her eyelids for some apparent symbolic reason.

Yeah she always looks like she's buggin' out on something.  It's kinda creepy.