What are some songs about doing the dirty, knocking boots, putting the wand in the chamber of secrets or simply having coitus?

I'll just get this beloved classic out if the way:

Je vais et je viens, entre tes reins
(I go and I come, between your loins)
Tu es la vague, moi l'île nue
(You are the wave, me the naked island)
L'amour physique est sans issue
(Physical love is hopeless)

Let's hear some more!

Happiness is a warm manatee

Hmm... it's an interesting topic, because I like a lot of songs that happen to be about sex, but I don't usually find too many of them actually sexy. Like I could list something like Closer by Nine Inch Nails or Darling Nikki by Prince or, to be more cliche, Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.

But I've honestly not heard very many songs at all that I think really cut to the core of the feelings I get from sex. Most of my favorite sex-related songs are not the ones that talk about it super explicitly. A lot of songs I associate with sex might not even be about it at all, I just interpret a sexual association. But that tracks with my overall vibe as a sexual being myself, speaking as a demisexual, the physicality of sex is less important to me than the meaning and context behind it.

The closest band to really lyrically capturing my own general sexual vibe would almost undoubtedly be Depeche Mode, which, if you know anything about my sex life, might actually be more obvious and cliche, haha. But here are a couple tracks of theirs that have that vibe I'm talking about.

Yes, I will take any and every opportunity to nerd out about sex, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

And any number of other Serge classics! Not least this one. Birkin's pronunciation of "erotique" is the cutest thing ever

This one is about busting. From the female perspective

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

#3 Aug 12, 2023, 10:52 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2023, 10:57 PM by SGR
Classic.

Stone cold classic.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Aug 12, 2023, 07:24 PMHmm... it's an interesting topic, because I like a lot of songs that happen to be about sex, but I don't usually find too many of them actually sexy. Like I could list something like Closer by Nine Inch Nails or Darling Nikki by Prince or, to be more cliche, Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.

I may have posted this somewhere already, but something I find funny about Let's Get It On are the following lines:

I ain't gonna push, I won't push you baby
So c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby
Stop beatin' 'round the bush, hey

Like he says he's not gonna be pushy and then he's immediately very pushy 😄

I've long wondered if it's an intentional joke.

This is funny because you don't expect squeaky clean image John Legend to be talking this way.

The Weeknd with his sad boy voice talking in detail about sex is hilarious to me.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 13, 2023, 02:58 AM

This is funny because you don't expect squeaky clean image John Legend to be talking this way.

The Weeknd with his sad boy voice talking in detail about sex is hilarious to me.

Total tangent, but reminded me of this Ty Dolla $ign remix that is absolutely kickass.

Quote from: jadis on Aug 12, 2023, 07:25 PMAnd any number of other Serge classics! Not least this one. Birkin's pronunciation of "erotique" is the cutest thing ever

I like this one 🙂

Also, Birkin definitely deserves a mention in the Hot Peeps thread.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the young boys in Caravan tapped that much ass back in the early 70s. Still, they made this lovely, sweet prog classic, The Dog, The Dog, He's At It Again. I've heard described as an ode to blowjobs, but listening to it, I wonder if it also has to do with footplay.

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 13, 2023, 08:25 AMI like this one 🙂

Also, Birkin definitely deserves a mention in the Hot Peeps thread.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the young boys in Caravan tapped that much ass back in the early 70s. Still, they made this lovely, sweet prog classic, The Dog, The Dog, He's At It Again. I've heard described as an ode to blowjobs, but listening to it, I wonder if it also has to do with footplay.

I love the part in that song where the keyboardist goes absolutely nuts on the synthesizer out of nowhere in the middle of it.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

The Weeknd tends to do it for me lately.

I was this cool the whole time.