Imagine your government having to get involved in trying to get you laid
(Not that I'm any good at that myself to be fair, but I'm not particularly fussed about it and  I'm not a breeder anyway so they would consider me a lost cause 😂)

That second story is super sad to think about.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 31, 2024, 11:18 PMThat second story is super sad to think about.

It truly is sad. One thought I've had about AI is once it gets to a point where it feels like you're having conversations with a kind of 'conscious intelligence' (and I think we're close), that will mitigate much of the sense of isolation and loneliness, not just in Japan, but many other countries too.

Given Japan's population crisis, they're going to need to either lift restrictions on immigration (and make it easier to immigrate and assimilate), or they need to find a way to incentivize their domestic population to start having babies. Governments need a growing tax base.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 31, 2024, 11:18 PMThat second story is super sad to think about.

Yeah. It's tragic that some people grow old and get to the end of their lives with no friends or family.

It got me wondering about how other countries compare. I imagine the U.S. is probably similar in that regard.