Like the thread title says 🙂 do you have any plans?

We're headed for a 12 days trip to Denmark with my fam (parents, siblings and our partners and children) to a rented cabin in this vacation spot on the east coast. It's gonna be brilliant because I love my fam and we have lots of fun together ❤️

Then I'm hoping we can spend some time at my parents cabin and borrow their boat, but we haven't been allotted a week this year 🤔

Then there's a shitload of work that needs doing around the house so a week or two at home would be useful.

I may take out a week more vacation than my wife to work in the studio, though I'm not quite sure yet which project to tackle. I got a bunch, though.

Happiness is a warm manatee

My cousin is coming to visit us in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing her. One of the cool things about getting older to me are the random chances to spend time with relatives outside the context of family get togethers.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

For July we are planning on going on a double birthday date to see the Barbie movie (our birthdays are a day apart, if you can believe it).

But overall it's looking like we are gonna take it slow and chill this summer. We're still getting used to our current living arrangement; even though I spent 90% of my time in the same house as him before leaving my old apartment, it's still something we're settling into, and with that and the whole marriage thing on the horizon a bit of breathing time is doing us good.

But one other exciting thing starting in July is that the mister approved a budget for laser hair removal for my face. I'm chipping in some of my own allowance each month to help cover it as well, but as usual my man moves heaven and earth for me and I am so very honored and privileged to be his partner. My first laser appointment is July 18th!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Someone I know in France invited us to stay in his Nice apartment which will be empty for the entire month of September and we gladly accepted it. Since then things changed. Do I want to be stuck in a gorgeous French city alone for an entire month? Yes, absolutely. So still going

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jun 28, 2023, 10:34 AMSomeone I know in France invited us to stay in his Nice apartment which will be empty for the entire month of September and we gladly accepted it. Since then things changed. Do I want to be stuck in a gorgeous French city alone for an entire month? Yes, absolutely. So still going

Nice!

My friend who just got married in France also had an apartment in the old town in Nice for a while and we visited her there in june 2017. Lovely city. We also went for a days long drive in the mountains, visiting various little towns. It was awesome.

I recently got engaged so my main plan for the summer is to find a wedding venue, I've been to visit a few already but we've not seen anything we are 100% sure on yet.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Jun 30, 2023, 07:02 PMI recently got engaged so my main plan for the summer is to find a wedding venue, I've been to visit a few already but we've not seen anything we are 100% sure on yet.

Congratulations ❤️

Enjoy it. You have anywhere in mind?

Only God knows.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Jun 30, 2023, 07:02 PMI recently got engaged so my main plan for the summer is to find a wedding venue, I've been to visit a few already but we've not seen anything we are 100% sure on yet.

Ahh, congrats! I got engaged recently as well, we are currently still debating on if we want to have a big ceremony or something more small scale. Lots of weighing pros and cons, neither of us is particularly well versed in wedding planning haha.

At any rate I'm so happy for you two!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Congratulations!

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Nice! Congratulations 🙂 how long have you been together?

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 30, 2023, 07:45 PMCongratulations ❤️

Enjoy it. You have anywhere in mind?

Thank you 🥰.

Yeah hopefully a barn style wedding in Scotland but it's really difficult to find somewhere we both like.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 30, 2023, 08:29 PMAhh, congrats! I got engaged recently as well, we are currently still debating on if we want to have a big ceremony or something more small scale. Lots of weighing pros and cons, neither of us is particularly well versed in wedding planning haha.

At any rate I'm so happy for you two!

Thank you 🥰

Congratulations to you both as well!! I'm having the same dilemma, I not sure I want to spend the money on a "normal" wedding but on the other side of things I want to have a great day and party with friends and family so we're debating the size as well. There is so much to think about!

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 30, 2023, 10:48 PMCongratulations!

Thanks Janz 🥰.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 30, 2023, 11:54 PMNice! Congratulations 🙂 how long have you been together?

Thank you 🥰 we had been together for 10 years in June. Time flies 😳

Raising more investment for a few projects, working on more software clients and also in the process of finalizing my GF's visa so she can relocate here from India.  Summer 2023 is a lot of things, but boring definitely isn't one of them lol...

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jul 06, 2023, 07:33 PMRaising more investment for a few projects, working on more software clients and also in the process of finalizing my GF's visa so she can relocate here from India.  Summer 2023 is a lot of things, but boring definitely isn't one of them lol...

You have an Indian girlfriend? How did you meet?

Only God knows.

Missed this thread. So we did one of our trips which was really just a weekend getaway but it was for wifey's birthday. Got a hotel close to Coney Island because I was going to take her there. She's lived in NY for 28 years and never went. I haven't been since I was younger. Our plans changed a bit and we ended up at the Book of Hov exhibit(Brooklyn Public Library).

I bought her a Kate Spade bag and a Victola record player with her favorite Wu Tang album to play on it.

I gave her the bag waaaaay before her birthday because she needed a new one.

Taking August off to save money for our other trips coming up and end of September is our Wu-Tang/Nas concert. I didn't find out til much later but De La Soul is going to be there too.

I was this cool the whole time.