Hi there, Guest.

Have you plans or tickets to see an upcoming show or an artist? What's cooking?

I'm seeing the Residents in early february, really looking forwards to that :) It's the Dog Stab tour where I think they will play the entirety of Duck Stab? I'm a little uncertain, but pretty sure it's gonna be great.

In March, we're seeing the Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit concert by London Philharmonic & Symphonic Film Orchestra. It's in the middle of the day and close by, so we can bring our 6 (then 7) year old. I'm just hoping she enjoys it and that we'll get to watch the whole thing :coldsweat:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 16, 2023, 08:50 AMI'm seeing the Residents in early february, really looking forwards to that :) It's the Dog Stab tour where I think they will play the entirety of Duck Stab? I'm a little uncertain, but pretty sure it's gonna be great.

I've seen The Residents on about 7 different tours going back to their 1989 'Cube-E' tour. They stopped doing the elaborate stage setups several years ago and now put on a much more minimalist show visually. Still worth seeing them perform live if you're a fan.

I'm going to see Duster in a couple months. I don't really know them that well, but a friend wants to go I haven't been to a show in almost exactly three years so I bought a ticket.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jan 17, 2023, 05:11 PMI've seen The Residents on about 7 different tours going back to their 1989 'Cube-E' tour. They stopped doing the elaborate stage setups several years ago and now put on a much more minimalist show visually. Still worth seeing them perform live if you're a fan.

Cool :) I'm a fan of their early period at least, so them playing songs from Duck Stab sounds like something I gotta see.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jan 20, 2023, 06:15 AMI'm going to see Duster in a couple months. I don't really know them that well, but a friend wants to go I haven't been to a show in almost exactly three years so I bought a ticket.

Don't think I've heard of Duster at all. That's great, though  :) I know I've spent far too much time inside since the start of the pandemic. I'm a social recluse now.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jan 20, 2023, 06:15 AMI haven't been to a show in almost exactly three years

Same here. The last show I saw was Savoy Brown (R.I.P. Kim Simmonds) in December of 2019. Then COVID 19 hit and I haven't been to a show since.

I've been to and played some shows at small venues and a festival, but nothing with an audience of, like, hundreds.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jan 20, 2023, 02:00 PMSame here. The last show I saw was Savoy Brown (R.I.P. Kim Simmonds) in December of 2019. Then COVID 19 hit and I haven't been to a show since.

My last one was Heilung in January of 2020. I had to travel to NYC for that one and it was really great show, so at least I had a nice big experience before everything got derailed.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

With the summer upon us, this means local bars, cafes and town squares etc. will be buzzing again with live music. The below was a concert in 2020 at my local village bar by a lake in SW France. Memorable because it was during a temporary lifting of covid restrictions so everybody was like "hey it's time to partyy!" I love this atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights where locals and tourists mix. (I used to be a Brit tourist before being 'adopted' 20 years ago and living here ever since).
These guys are from the city of Toulouse and play a mix of jazz, swing, classical, but that night they decided to do some electro improv. Thanks to funding from various associations (which is still not enough), it helps attract good bands to small venues.

Definitely looking forward this summer to going to a few more of these.

Just to add that on 3 August this band Zibeline will be playing at the local lake bar. It will be like the circus rolling into town. I'll try to get everyone down there.

I've grown to really like these type of bands. Rhythm section holding it down whilst the rest of them go off on one. Nice.