Apr 27, 2023, 11:14 AM Last Edit: Apr 27, 2023, 11:38 AM by jadis
The ultimate music-themed panel show? The only one I've ever watched so for me yes it is

Any other fans around? Simon or Lamarr? Does the pleasure of watching Bill Bailey make up for having to see Jupitus? etc 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I've only seen it with Simon presenting and I thought he was good.

I remember they had some cock from a London punk band on. Can't remember his name but he was an absolute knobhead.

Preston walking off was good.

Only God knows.

Can't say I've seen the TV show being an American and all.

But, damn that was a good album.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 27, 2023, 09:19 PMI've only seen it with Simon presenting and I thought he was good.

I remember they had some cock from a London punk band on. Can't remember his name but he was an absolute knobhead.

Yes!

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Apr 27, 2023, 09:20 PMCan't say I've seen the TV show being an American and all.

But, damn that was a good album.

One of the great things about Canada is how much more attuned to British TV people tend to be over here. Some people who are not as Anglophile as I am still know shows like Nathan Barley and other Chris Morris stuff for example

It's largely thanks to the internet (I haven't watched actual TV in at least 20 years) but there's more openness and awareness to that kind of stuff here, I think, despite how large US culture looms

#5 Apr 28, 2023, 10:11 AM Last Edit: Apr 28, 2023, 10:15 AM by jadis
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 27, 2023, 09:19 PMI've only seen it with Simon presenting and I thought he was good.

Yeah Lamarr was before I discovered it but I watched some of his eps on YT. I accept he's brilliant but it's harder for me to follow for some reason. His pronunciation or accent is a bit difficult I guess

Watched it again as the last time I saw it was well over a decade ago so I thought maybe he wasn't as much of a knob as I remembered.

Nope.

Simon was great though.

Only God knows.