Quote from: Psy-Fi on Oct 25, 2023, 01:46 PM

Richard Roundtree, Suave Star of 'Shaft,' Dies at 81

That's very freaky, I literally made a Shaft joke to a coworker yesterday.

RIP

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 25, 2023, 02:07 PMThat's very freaky, I literally made a Shaft joke to a coworker yesterday.

RIP

I've had creepy coincidences like that a couple of times. Thinking of a band member or actor I hadn't thought about for a long time and then they end up croaking a day or two later.

^ This often happens to me as well.  Over this past weekend I was playing Isaac Hayes's Instrumentals album while doing laundry, and then watched a YouTube video on my tv of Hayes conducting Shaft in the studio. :o

a particle; a fragment of totality

RIP Aaron Spears

Aaron Spears Dies at 47

I was this cool the whole time.

Norman Lear, TV Legend, Dies at 101

R.I.P. to a TV legend and WWII combat veteran.

Quote from: Suburban Placeholder? on Nov 30, 2023, 06:40 PMShane McGowan
:(

I saw this tribute collection of Shane McGowan appearances on TV etc. yesterday. Man was he absolutely blasted in some of those interviews.

I'm surprised he could perform so well on stage, at least most of the time?

Happiness is a warm manatee

^ Yeah, that guy was a serious drinker, but of course anyone familiar with the culture of Irish pub singing (from which Shane emerged) knows that you can hardly have the one without the other.

I'm sorry to report that Denny Laine died yesterday, in hospital, after a week or more of struggling with a lung disease.

A guy with a great voice who had an enviable resumé, which included both The Moody Blues and Wings. That alone speaks of his musicianship, and here's a catchy single from 1967 that I rate as one of his best compositions - although some might go instead for his co-writer credit for Mull of Kintyre

Don't miss how these clever lyrics at the start fit so neatly into the song:-

I realise - that I've been, - in your eyes, - some kind of fool.
What I do, - what I did:  - stupid fish, - I drank the pool.

And here's a link to his page on wiki for anyone like me who feels they should check up on what he has done over the years:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Laine

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

I was this cool the whole time.

Franz Beckenbauer

RIP Der Kaiser 🇩🇪⚽🏆

Only God knows.