It's my city, it's my favorite city, I'm not there at the moment and I miss it. So gonna post some YT celebrating it

This is an old Pink Planet ep from 2005 about how it's a huge LGBTQ hub and destination.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

She knows what's up

My Grandmother had emigrated to Montreal from Poland with her family when she was seven. They lived there eight years before moving to New York in 1922. Drove through Montreal in the fog in 1991. Nice city basically but didn't stop: I was actually on my way  home from New England and I wanted to take a quick look at Canada before the long trek home.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Apr 22, 2023, 03:45 PMMy Grandmother had emigrated to Montreal from Poland with her family when she was seven. They lived there eight years before moving to New York in 1922. Drove through Montreal in the fog in 1991. Nice city basically but didn't stop: I was actually on my way  home from New England and I wanted to take a quick look at Canada before the long trek home.

It's the worst city for driving btw. Due to extreme temperatures in the winter and other reasons the roads are forever in horrible condition. The orange construction cone is practically the city's mascot at this point

Plus the city authorities have been very green-minded for decades now and made sure it's pretty hard to even get to the downtown and old port areas with a private vehicle. But if you ditch the motor and use the metro, it's a whole another thing. 

When we just immigrated here in the 1990s my dad insisted on buying a car because in his mind it was part of living in the free world or whatever, as opposed to Moscow where everyone took the metro. After he realized what it takes to even start it in the winter he said "fuck it" and sold it.