God bless him

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jul 09, 2023, 09:46 AMGod bless him

Yes, he seems so effortlessly witty and well spoken.

I finished his book Mr. Know-it-all a while ago. The chapters are just about various things that interest him. Now I wanna do like Waters and go to Provincetown (where he spends every summer) 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

John Waters | Club Random with Bill Maher

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Aug 06, 2023, 10:50 PM

John Waters | Club Random with Bill Maher

Thanks! Gonna watch it hopefully soon. The novel concept of Maher talking to an actually interesting person is along worth the admission...

Real Waters heads should read this amazing book, which was a pivotal inspiration for Waters and is where Divine's name comes from

Waters does mention Genet every now and then, but I don't really know his work myself.

Thanks for the recommendation 👍

I got into him through Burroughs, who was a big admirer (and into whom I got through Cronenberg's Naked Lunch).

Those two are probably the two big "be gay do crimes" writers of the 20th century.

Genet is endlessly fascinating (Sartre wrote an 800 page book about him not that long after Genet got famous) and also an object lesson for where you arrive when you take your hatred of the status quo to the extreme.

Hey, just read this today:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/feb/27/john-waters-to-make-first-film-in-20-years-with-aubrey-plaza-set-to-star

John Waters is making Liarmouth starring Aubrey Plaza. The two of them working together? I'm already sold 🤩

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 28, 2024, 07:50 PMHey, just read this today:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/feb/27/john-waters-to-make-first-film-in-20-years-with-aubrey-plaza-set-to-star

John Waters is making Liarmouth starring Aubrey Plaza. The two of them working together? I'm already sold 🤩

QuoteThis article, which reported on John Waters' planned return to film directing, was removed on 28 February 2024 as central details of the project had not been verified and were published on a misunderstanding.

You might want to keep it in your pants for the time being. :pimp:

Nnaaaeeerpp!!