Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 17, 2023, 11:54 PM
Quote from: Jwb on Apr 17, 2023, 10:38 PM....

Nobody is topping this one!

Duplicate post?

i stupidly pressed post after i had only typed the first 2 paragraphs.

that winn dixie story is fabulous

Great story. When I worked at a carpet warehouse I'd be left one in the offices for long periods of time and there were always bottles of wine in there. I couldn't get served at this point cos I was about 15 but I remember every day being desperate to steal one. I never did though.

You're quite lucky you only slightly messed up and didn't do anything really bad.

Only God knows.

#33 Apr 18, 2023, 02:40 AM Last Edit: Apr 18, 2023, 02:46 AM by Trollheart
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 17, 2023, 11:54 PM
Quote from: Jwb on Apr 17, 2023, 10:38 PM....

Nobody is topping this one!

Duplicate post?

No that's the one where he was so drunk he doesn't remember what happened.

@Jwb I tried it three times and fuck it, it can just stay as it is. I can't be bothered.

As an example of weird things that can happen even if you're completely stone cold sober, ie me: a few weeks ago I was sitting in my bedroom watching the telly. Nobody lives in the house only Karen and me, and as you all know she's confined to bed 24/7. We don't even have any cats any more. So why was it, I felt this incredibly powerful sense of someone on the landing? I mean, I could hear the floorboards creaking and I just knew, I KNEW, as my heart dropped into my shoes, that someone was reaching to try my door. It really put the wind up me. I imagined maybe burgulars, though anyone breaking in here would be more likely to leave a donation than take any of our meagre stuff.

Anyway, out I went to see what was going on, fully expecting, against all logic, that someone would be out there. Of course, there was nothing. I wrenched open all bedroom doors and the one to the bathroom, in case he (!) had ducked in there, I walked down the stairs to the hall, nothing.

Then I stood on the landing and listened.

And I realised it was just a bunch of sounds the house was making - the heating had just come on, the cistern was emptying, the house settling, the usual stuff you hear at night - and it no longer sounded like a presence, but I could hear, now that the sounds were broken up, how they could come together to make it sound like a living person being outside.

It's crazy how that can happen. It's hard to get across to you guys the absolute certainty I had that someone was outside, quickly followed by the realisation there could not be anyone out there, and the almost amazement, plus relief, when I realised what it was.

I was hoping that story was going to end with you finding your sister inexplicably standing in the hallway. That would have been some scary shit.

Literally. When you're on your own, and you know there's only you there, and yet you KNOW there's something out there, well, let's just say it might be a quick trip to, as we say, the jacks, as you say, the john.  :laughing:

Another interesting one: she called me at night years ago (when she still could call me) and told me in terror that there was a vampire outside. Now, she had just finished watching Salem's Lot, so give her a break. But she told me she could hear it scraping its long fingernails across the window, squeak squeak squeak. Terrified.

So I went outside into the dark, sort of half-expecting something really bizarre to be there.
Very cold it was, and I snapped on the outside light as I approached the window while she imagined all sorts as she lay in bed.
Suddenly, a dog howled in the distance.
Maybe.
I'm not sure.
Probably just using that to intensify the suspense.
Anyway, I crept around the side of the house towards the window, trying to be brave and logical.
Couldn't be anything out there.
Certainly not a vampire.
Vampires don't exist.
And then I heard it.
SQUEEEEAKKK!
SKREEKK!
SKREE-EEEK!

I approached the window. My heart was hammering. I told it to put down the hammer and get back in my chest, this was no time for DIY. Picked my jaw up off the ground and reattached it. I was sure I felt something brush against me.

The outside light threw a faint illumination on the window.
Far off down the road, some bastards in a stolen car screeched around a corner.
My palms seemed sweaty.
There's no such thing as vampires.
There's no such thing as vampires.
I leaned towards the window.
And then I saw it.

(Tune in tomorrow for the revelation...)

Oh my, the suspense! Will tune in tomorrow 😊

I just came here to share this cool pic of Tori Amos and Andrew Eldritch.

Happiness is a warm manatee

socks commercial:

buy a pair and we give a pair to someone in need

me:

i need the other pair too ffs

Congrats on hitting 1000 posts!

Willie Nelson is 90 years old today! Legend!

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 22, 2023, 07:41 PMCongrats on hitting 1000 posts!

i hate posts counters

it's embarrassing

Fuck you then.  :laughing:

america should have a beat the fucking shit out of doctors day