Troll heart made a post mentioning a couple and I said a while back people starting sentences with 'I feel like' is very annoying so I thought it would be a good idea for a thread for those of us who like to moan about things that aren't important.

Some of mine.

- Make it make sense

- I was today years old when

- Things 'hitting different'

- I'm here for it

- Why aren't we talking about the fact that

Any more?  8)

Only God knows.

"I'm just meming" instead of just joking.

Any reference to any online memes like zombie apocalypse or Florida man etc should earn somebody a hard punch square in the face.  I really hate online  culture and meme humor.

People - probably only Irish, I don't know - asking "Do you get me?" after each sentence, as if somehow you don't have sufficient brain power to follow what they're talking about.

lol lots of people say that here tbh.

Only God knows.

People counting down the 'sleeps' until a big event. Usually Christmas. There was even a song about it.

I assume the intention is to make it seem like the event is closer than it seems, by replacing the number of days with a mundane task you do once a day like sleeping, but it just sounds ridiculous.

Only God knows.

Whenever I see a Buzzfeed headline it's worded in a way that makes my skin crawl

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Apr 10, 2023, 10:06 PMWhenever I see a Buzzfeed headline it's worded in a way that makes my skin crawl

I know exactly what you mean. My last one in the op is like something they'd say.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 10, 2023, 09:49 PMPeople counting down the 'sleeps' until a big event. Usually Christmas. There was even a song about it.

I assume the intention is to make it seem like the event is closer than it seems, by replacing the number of days with a mundane task you do once a day like sleeping, but it just sounds ridiculous.

I have never heard that phrase before, but I already find it annoying.

Something that annoys the living shit out of me is people who say "jive" when they mean "jibe".

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#8 Apr 11, 2023, 01:18 AM Last Edit: Apr 11, 2023, 01:19 AM by Jwb
"Fuck around and find out"

Or any other vaguely ebonic phrase that causes white libs to put on a blaccent for only part of their sentence, when generally they sound as white as wet birdshit.

Never heard of that sleeps thing, but yeah, I'm annoyed with it already.

"Rock up (somewhere)". How exactly do you rock up? Are you supposed to arrive in leather with your hair long and with a Strat slung over your shoulder? What a stupid expression. Particularly seems to be used by older people as if they're trying to recapture their youth.

Misuse of the word literally is one that bugs me.

Quote from: robhr on Apr 11, 2023, 03:21 AMMisuse of the word literally is one that bugs me.

That one bugs me also.

And someone saying "I could care less" when what they're trying to say is that they couldn't care less.

An annoying combination for me are the people who say, "It is what it is" and then do a little pause and nod, as if they have made a profound assessment of the situation.

Walk past a kiddies playground in Mexico, and you will hear this all the time from anxious mothers: "Te vas a caer!!" It means "You're going to fall!" and it is used for toddlers taking their first steps, through to ten-year-olds climbing on walls. It's well-intentioned, of course, but if you're a Mexican kid, it must be dispiriting to hear this gloomy prediction every time you want to run or jump. The mums say it so automatically that I sometimes wonder if they're motivated by concern for a child's safety - or is it just an insurance policy so that they can come in with "I warned you" if things go wrong.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: robhr on Apr 11, 2023, 03:21 AMMisuse of the word literally is one that bugs me.

The literally makes my head explode.  :laughing:
Oops!

Literally is a great one. Boils my piss.

Only God knows.