Just as a question, how easy is it to move threads from one subforum to another? If this isn't complicated I think we should 100% trim down the Artists & creators section to just one subforum and create more if it becomes to unfocused there. Empty subforums are never a good thing and gives an impression of neglect. Better to identify the need and meet it than expect the needs in certain instances when we're still very small.

In the age of ignorance, being informed is a choice.

Yes, I've been thinking a bit about pruning. @Trollheart should also see this.

It's fucking late here now, but I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Happiness is a warm manatee

My current proposal would be:

• Reduce the entire General discussion section into one forum (The Lounge).
  • Reduce all artists & creators section into one forum (Artists corner or something).
  • Move those two forums to the community section and change the name of that to something more general

Currently, that eliminates 9 forums and to sections, so quite the prune.

Yeah I'm good with that. Hell, it's not like we're being inundated with posts, is it?
Also, congrats to Comus for starting the first real new thread.  :thumb:

Great! I'll commence the great pruning when I have some time later.

Quote from: Trollheart on Jan 16, 2023, 04:25 PMYeah I'm good with that. Hell, it's not like we're being inundated with posts, is it?
Also, congrats to Comus for starting the first real new thread.  :thumb:

Well, in fairness, we're still trying to get our feet wet to see if this forum even works. Right now at least, MB is relatively active by its standards.

Also be careful with overpruning. You may end up with just one forum where anything goes. Comus may like that but I suspect most of us won't.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Jan 16, 2023, 07:14 PMAlso be careful with overpruning. You may end up with just one forum where anything goes. Comus may like that but I suspect most of us won't.
I actually quite like multiple more specific subforums, but only if they actually get posts, thus my suggestion to start small and then expand if it becomes too unfocused.

In the age of ignorance, being informed is a choice.

Quote from: Comus on Jan 16, 2023, 08:35 PM
Quote from: Rubber Soul on Jan 16, 2023, 07:14 PMAlso be careful with overpruning. You may end up with just one forum where anything goes. Comus may like that but I suspect most of us won't.
I actually quite like multiple more specific subforums, but only if they actually get posts, thus my suggestion to start small and then expand if it becomes too unfocused.

That's fair. It's why I started posting in the Member's Journal. Obviously a forum or sub-forum is useless if nobody posts.

The Word has spoken :D

Ovepruning can definitely be a thing, but at least it's easy to deprune or expand as they call it.

IT IS DONE.