A thread for music-related videos. Any genre, live performance or a video to promote a song, documentary, interviews, film clips with music, any type of video featuring music and/or musicians.

Here's a clip from the 1941 movie 'Hellzapoppin'' with an amazing dance routine set to some swing music...

#2 Apr 06, 2023, 02:59 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2023, 03:00 PM by Lady of Synth
Quote from: Psy-Fi on Apr 06, 2023, 02:19 PMHere's a clip from the 1941 movie 'Hellzapoppin'' with an amazing dance routine set to some swing music...

Elaborate swing dance numbers are my favorite thing. I've always wanted to try to learn that kind of dance.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Gotta have beef, gotta have spice, need a little excitement?....

Continuing with the swing...

Glenn Miller and his Orchestra - (I've Got a Gal In) Kalamazoo

Here's a bit of "boogie-woogie" from 1944...

Gene Rodgers - Boogie-Woogie

Going from 1944 to 2019 with some psychedelic rock from Japan. One of my all-time favorite groups performing live for KEXP radio, out of Seattle, WA...

Kikagaku Moyo - Green Sugar (Live on KEXP)

I just stumbled across this video last night. Hadn't listened to any Grateful Dead for a couple of years so I decided to watch it. Late 60's to early 70's is my favorite era for the band so this live performance hit the spot...

Grateful Dead - Europe 72 - 04/17/72 - Tivolis Koncertsal - Copenhagen, Denmark

One of the all time greats rocks Montreal. The explosive power toward the end is something else 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jun 01, 2023, 10:32 PMOne of the all time greats rocks Montreal. The explosive power toward the end is something else 

Lovely!

I'm sure I posted this all over MB some years ago, but while on the subject of Prokofiev, I love this video of Valentina Lisitsa playing his war sonata.

Happiness is a warm manatee

A restored 1940s US Variety show. The bassist at the end is intense as hell.

Quote from: SGR on Jun 06, 2023, 04:37 AMA restored 1940s US Variety show. The bassist at the end is intense as hell.

I saw that one a couple of weeks ago. Love seeing old footage cleaned-up/restored like that.

Jazz Club with Louis Balfour

A live performance of avant-garde, cumbia-influenced music from Bogotá, Colombia...

Meridian Brothers: Tiny Desk Concert