Is it about music we like, but that we missed out on when it was current?

If so, I'll post a bit of Cardiacs. I could've liked them in the 90s, I'm sure, but didn't learn about them until well into the 2000s.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Too many to list. I've been into music more than most people since I was a child but when the internet became mainstream and accessible, I was humbled by the realization that there were far more artists and groups out there than I knew about back in the time that they were recording and playing live. I still occasionally stumble across an artist or group that slipped by me unnoticed years ago.

And that's just the music that sounds good to me. I wouldn't even try to guess how much crap is out there that I (luckily) missed out on back in the day.  

Neutral Milk Hotel. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea came out when I was in college, yet I never heard about this band or this album until at least a decade later. No one I know in real life listens to them as far as I'm aware, and yet somehow this album has come to be seen as some sort of classic. I've listened to it at this point and I can definitely see how it is sort of a precursor to a lot of early 00s indie rock, but I wonder if I had heard it when it was newer if it would have clicked with me more.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

So life occurrences get in the way of even our love of Music I had three children in just a tad over a year and one of the worse times of my young life...but living near Streatham Ice Rink that doubled up as a Music Venue I never kept away for that long. The Who was my main stay and my late mate Rosi, god I miss that Girl so much still to this day she was really everything you could ever want in a mate.  Well we went to Finsbury Park and saw the Beatles saw as you could not hear them for the screaming femmes..but a wow evening..so many more that would fill a book...but I still missed so many great musician's/singers as time was my enemy

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StreathamSociety/posts/1206489266528727/

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 20, 2024, 11:56 PMIs it about music we like, but that we missed out on when it was current?

If so, I'll post a bit of Cardiacs. I could've liked them in the 90s, I'm sure, but didn't learn about them until well into the 2000s.

Cardiacs are just simply amazing. Love 'em.

Quote from: Dianne W on Feb 21, 2024, 10:46 PMSo life occurrences get in the way of even our love of Music I had three children in just a tad over a year and one of the worse times of my young life...but living near Streatham Ice Rink that doubled up as a Music Venue I never kept away for that long. The Who was my main stay and my late mate Rosi, god I miss that Girl so much still to this day she was really everything you could ever want in a mate.  Well we went to Finsbury Park and saw the Beatles saw as you could not hear them for the screaming femmes..but a wow evening..so many more that would fill a book...but I still missed so many great musician's/singers as time was my enemy

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StreathamSociety/posts/1206489266528727/

My mom also saw the Beatles in New York City in 1964. The story she tells me is that her and her friend group were able to get close to them when they were outside the venue greeting fans, and that her friend reached out from behind the barricade and accidentally knocked out some loose change that was in Ringo's pocket. So when the subject comes up in conversation I preface it with "oh yeah my mom robbed Ringo Starr", haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards