Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 10, 2024, 05:09 PMWhat about the penalty missed yesterday when was it a Bournemouth player slipped on wet ground which had already been soaking and the ground staff had for some reason watered again??

Haven't seen it but players slip all the time. They do like to have a very wet pitch but I'm going to assume it wasn't affecting the roll or bounce of the ball otherwise they'd have postponed it.

The game Marie posted should definitely have been called off but so should the MLS game, both dangerous conditions.

Only God knows.

I think they should play in Iceland with like erupting volcanoes and lava flows around them. It'd be like a stage in Mortal Kombat.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 07, 2024, 04:33 PMPickford isn't world class but he is solid and is a monster on penalties.

Left-back I picked Chilwell but it doesn't really matter. Between him and Shaw. Suppose Walker could play there with someone else at RB as we have loads of class RBs.

If you had to pick a team to win this summer who would you go with @jadis 

Ingerlund. To be fair it's the only domestic league I'm following but I can't imagine anyone but France having a comparable pool of talent. France is the team to beat but it can and should be done. Though I'm seriously afraid we'll see Maguire and Hendo in the starting 11.

Maddison is another wonderful player. Class and full of humble enthusiasm. When it's him, Kulusevski and Son in front of those two monsters in central midfield, Spurs are the fourth best team in the league I'm afraid.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Villa 4 - 0 Ajax

Even for a struggling Ajax team, it's Ajax. So that's an incredible score.

Bring on the quarter finals  8)

Only God knows.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/premier-league-rumors-chelsea-and-manchester-city-to-be-kicked-out-for-breaching-ffp-rules/ar-BB1kdOqS

QuoteThe Premier League landscape is trembling with anticipation and apprehension as the specter of expulsion looms over two of its titans, Chelsea and Manchester City. Both clubs find themselves ensnared in the intricate web of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, with the threat of severe consequences hanging ominously over their heads.

Manchester City's fierce contestation against the 115 charges brought forth by Premier League legal authorities has set the stage for a contentious legal battle scheduled to commence in the late autumn. Meanwhile, despite currently occupying 11th place, Chelsea has yet to face formal charges. However, revelations of financial misconduct during the Roman Abramovich era have overshadowed the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Last summer's disclosures shed light on irregular payments to agents, prompting Chelsea's proactive measures in setting aside £150 million to tackle potential legal ramifications. The severity of the situation is underscored by the recent actions taken against Nottingham Forest, with a four-point deduction as a stark warning of the league's unwavering stance on financial impropriety.

In a meticulous 52-page document outlining the Forest judgment, legal luminaries Robert Glancy KC, Mark Hovell, and Steve Holt elucidated the gravity of breaching Profitability and Sustainability Rules. They emphasized the spectrum of sanctions, including the dire prospect of expulsion from the Premier League.

:)

Only God knows.

#485 Mar 21, 2024, 12:56 AM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2024, 01:02 AM by Trollheart
When did Forest get the deduction? God I hate them! Are they not confusing them with Everton?

Also, does anyone seriously think that if this goes through, other clubs are not going to come under the spotlight? Do we honestly think that bastion of fair play and equality Man United hasn't got some red skeletons in the closet? Liverpool? West Ham? (Gasp!) Villa??? Surely this is just the tip of the iceberg, and given that, and also given the humungous wealth of these two clubs, the prospect of fat brown envelopes being passed must be a possible outcome? Fat brown envelopes with the word SSSH! stencilled on them?

On another subject, why is it that when Villa have the chance to open up a gap they always fluff it? Spurs were virtually handing them fourth place and they said, nah thanks yer all right mate.  ::)  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Forest had points deducted on Monday. Was down to holding on to Brennan Johnson past the cut off point for more money. Pretty minor but still.

QuoteDo we honestly think that bastion of fair play and equality Man United hasn't got some red skeletons in the closet? Liverpool? West Ham? (Gasp!) Villa???

Regarding FFP

MU/Liverpool - no, they spend what they generate in revenue
West Ham - well they are ran by Tories so...
Villa - sold 150m+ of academy players over the last three seasons. We're absolutely fine

QuoteOn another subject, why is it that when Villa have the chance to open up a gap they always fluff it?

Been happening all season, suppose that's the difference between teams that win the title and teams that don't.

Only God knows.

Fashion post.

New kits for Copa América 2024 and the Euros 2024:

@DJChameleon

@Guybrush

@Trollheart

@Marie Monday

@jadis

@jimmy jazz

Only God knows.

I saw a recent brawl that happened on the field but I didn't get to see who the two teams were. It was awesome though spin kicks were flying and everything.

@jimmy jazz

Do you know who the two teams were?

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Mar 22, 2024, 02:22 PMI saw a recent brawl that happened on the field but I didn't get to see who the two teams were. It was awesome though spin kicks were flying and everything.

@jimmy jazz

Do you know who the two teams were?

No sorry. What country?

Only God knows.

Re: the new kits
Holland home is a bit dull and I don't like the blue, away is awful. Hopefully they'll do better for the women. At least they're better than Canada lol. The England kits are very nice (all the fuss about the flag colours is greatly exaggerated imo, what's the problem really) but the mexican kits are the greatest by far

I can't believe they left the W, H and I off the Irish jersey! And why is the lion on the Dutch one drunk? I do think it will be, um, interesting if the second Canadian one is worn by their female team though.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Mar 27, 2024, 11:43 PMLuis Rubiales: Prosecutors seek 2.5-year jail term over World Cup kiss

That seems excessive.

Regarding Prison FC, Robinho looks like he's going to have to serve his 9 year sentence in a Brazilian prison.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-68632912

For anyone not aware, he was convicted for his part in a gang rape while he was playing for Milan and fled home to Brazil. Brazil has no extradition law with Italy so he didn't have to be sent back. But the Italians have requested he serve his time in Brazil and he will have to now.

I'd rather do time in Italy than Brazil tbh so he's ended up making this worse for himself.

The nonce cunt has been posting on his Instagram for years with the comments locked. Feels like he's rubbing it in by doing that.

https://time.com/6959443/robinho-prison-sentence-brazil-rape-italy/

QuoteThe former footballer said in an interview with TV Record aired on Sunday that racism was to blame for his conviction in Italy.

"I played only four years in Italy and I got tired of seeing stories of racism. Unfortunately that exists to this day. (The rape case) was in 2013, now we are in 2024. The same people who don't do anything against it (racism) are the ones who sentenced me," Robinho said.

QuoteAs part of the judgment, transcripts of Robinho's messages intercepted by police were released, including one from Robinho to a friend in January 2013 that said: "I'm laughing because I couldn't care less, the woman was completely drunk, she has no idea what happened." In a different chat, a friend of Robinho sent the message "I saw you when you put your penis inside her mouth", to which Robinho replied: "That doesn't mean having sex."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinho

Only God knows.

WHat a fucking cunt. I hate bastards who try to excuse their heinous acts by claiming the punishment they get is racially motivated. Bollocks. You're right though: serving time in a Brazilian prison is WAY worse than in an Italian one. Hope someone shanks the fucker.