Agreed. She does a good show. Still prefer Linkeker though. Have you watched the Top Ten podcasts? He's really funny in them, as in Mica and Shearer. Great fun.

I don't like countdowns as a format. You don't learn anything new...

Speaking of, I learned today that Dani Alves is in Spanish jail awaiting trial on rape charges. If you told me me in 2011 that one of the stars of the Barcelona dream team will be in this situation I'd absolutely picked him. Can't really see Xavi or Iniesta forcing themselves on a woman tbh

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I dont' care about the countdown: I barely pay attention to who's where (though it is fun when Shearer is on a list, to see where both he and Mica will place him) - it's the banter that I watch it for. Last night we had Gary telling the story about how he shit himself on the field in the middle of a World Cup game. You can't buy that kind of entertainment.

Quote from: jadis on Apr 10, 2023, 07:58 PMI don't like countdowns as a format. You don't learn anything new...

Speaking of, I learned today that Dani Alves is in Spanish jail awaiting trial on rape charges. If you told me me in 2011 that one of the stars of the Barcelona dream team will be in this situation I'd absolutely picked him. Can't really see Xavi or Iniesta forcing themselves on a woman tbh
Robinho got convicted and sentenced to 9 years in prison for his part in a gang rape while he was at AC Milan. Fled to Brazil and hasn't been back since. So he's basically got away with it.

Patrick Kluivert literally killed someone and got community service.

Any more facts about arsehole footballers?

Only God knows.

Other than Giggs, Rooney and Zuma, not really.

The banter on that Top Ten is, well, top.
Lineker also spoke about a time when they were out with Gazza, got on a bus and  Gazza had everyone singing "We're all going on a summer holiday". Another time it was hilarious when he started talking about Ronaldo I think it was, and there was something the Brazilian had said about Mica, and Gary says "Ronaldo, if you're watching now.." Someone mentioned he had died, and while thoroughly disrespectful on one level, the three of them just fell around laughing at Lineker's gaff. It really was tremendous.

Then there are the times the family dog wanders in, constant slagging off of Mica for being too young to have seen the games Gary and Alan have, and Gary getting Cristiano Ronaldo somehow mixed up with Maradonna when asked "who is better: Pele or Maradona?" Went on for about two minutes about how he couldn't see how anyone could consider them in the same league, and Shearer had to say to him, "you know he asked you about Maradona, don't you?" Hilarious.

#51 Apr 10, 2023, 09:56 PM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2023, 09:59 PM by jimmy jazz
@Trollheart I remember that, but it was Carlos Alberto, not Ronaldo. I'd fucking cry if Ronaldo died.

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/GuvnaB/status/1595730795313913862?t=VBa1sR1TYhd8Pj7SQxy6IQ&s=19

Richards laugh gets me every time.

Only God knows.

Yeah you're right. I couldn't remember who it was. Great bants though. And genuine; you could tell that wasn't planned or staged. I think those guys work great together. Shearer is like the slightly disapproving old uncle who looks either like he might nod off or suddenly leap up and shout something racist, Micah is like the bright young kid filled with wonder and energy, and Gary is kind of like some sort of elder mediator between the two. A great team. Which is something seldom said of England. Sorry.  :laughing:

Are we all Bayern Munich tonight?

I've always liked lederhosen, Oktoberfest and German women in their beautiful dirndls.

Good luck Bayern :checkmark:

Only God knows.

Well that was very disappointing and I can't see Bayern turning that round next week but I think Chelsea, Real Madrid and Napoli can all still knock them out. Don't see either Inter or Milan being strong enough.

Hopefully Napoli being a bit of a surprise package will shock them if it comes to that.

It would be incredible to see Napoli win it this year. A club with a massive heart and loyal support. I hope they do it.

Only God knows.

Never liked Bayern. Too German frankly

City were very impressive. Hope De Bruyne's injury is nothing serious, he was on the end of a nasty tackle from Canada's Alphonso Davies a few minutes before he slipped and seemed to have injured himself. Haaland's cross to Silva for the goal was worthy of KDB though

Grealish is having some spell. Amazing defensive work too 

Bernardo Silva is a more complete player than Mahrez and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Hope you're taking notes Pep

:laughing: Do you not like Germany? @jadis

I like Germany and German things. Especially their football culture and dirndl women. Fantastic cities and towns and buildings. The people have been great as well whenever I've met them.

Germany 8)

Only God knows.

Nothing against the fine people of Germany but the types that run Bayern tend to be those grimly intense disciplinarians like Der Kaiser or Kahn or Matthias Sammer or Rummenigge. Chill the fuck out, it's only a game. Also there's something uniquely annoying about Jurgen Klinsmann     

A friend of mine, who's from Vienna, told me how the servers at a Dutch restaurant were being pretty curt with them until his dad clarified that they were Austrian and the attitude changed completely lol cc @Marie Monday   

Just like English/Irish. Changes people's minds in an instant. Said that before. Still true though.

Quote from: jadis on Apr 12, 2023, 12:19 AMA friend of mine, who's from Vienna, told me how the servers at a Dutch restaurant were being pretty curt with them until his dad clarified that they were Austrian and the attitude changed completely lol cc @Marie Monday   
curious