#390 Aug 26, 2023, 12:40 AM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2023, 12:44 AM by jimmy jazz
Although it might not sound that daft now I'm going to say it as I've thought it for a year two now and I said the same after seeing Haaland for Dortmund early on. Jude Bellingham is going to go down as one of the greatest players ever to play the game.

In an age where transfer fees are ludicrously excessive he is the one player that is worth every penny of the £100m.

You simply do not see this maturity, intelligence and influence in a midfielder of his age. It's so exceptionally rare. Maybe the only other one was Duncan Edwards. I'm so glad he is English (and a Brummie 💪😎)

Only God knows.

#392 Aug 26, 2023, 11:07 AM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2023, 01:58 PM by jadis
Spain football federation threatens to sue protesting female players

Not directly related but reminds me of something I once read by a female French sports journalist on what she went through working in Montpellier or Marseille, not sure which one but it was southern France. Her first job for a local newspaper as a young woman straight out of uni was covering the city's football team (which she supported), including regularly coming to the training ground. It was the men's team (this was quite some time ago). The team's owner or CEO or sporting director would make sexual remarks at her each time he saw her, increasingly of a graphic nature. She has grown really scared of him, tried not to ever be alone in his company but he didn't give a shit how public it was, he would say stuff like "I'll fuck that pretty little ass of yours" in front of other men, who would laugh it off. What broke her down to tears and made her quit was when he said it in front of his adult daughter, who laughed with everyone else instead of coming to her defense. She couldn't hold back tears when she saw that and couldn't take it any longer.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

So when I first heard about the infamous kiss I thought it was just spur of the moment celebrating and not that big of a deal but I changed my mind on that when the players decided to strike as long as the guy is still owner. This means that homeboy was a habitual line stepper and he has other shit he did in the past that they didn't like and this was the final straw.

I was this cool the whole time.

You wouldn't see teams going on strike in the men's game and I can think of several times when they should have done it. Spanish women showing a lot of courage.

Only God knows.

Just imagine playing football with Messi and not knowing you're playing football with Messi!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtR_-A1NB-3/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

That dog is huge. The Eddie Hall of the dog world.

Only God knows.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 26, 2023, 01:41 PMSo when I first heard about the infamous kiss I thought it was just spur of the moment celebrating and not that big of a deal but I changed my mind on that when the players decided to strike as long as the guy is still owner. This means that homeboy was a habitual line stepper and he has other shit he did in the past that they didn't like and this was the final straw.
yep this has more or less been confirmed by the head of La Liga. And in any case, it is really inappropriate for someone in Rubiales' position to kiss one of the players in that way, even if it is a spur of the moment thing. Certainly worth getting angry over, and his aggressive doubling down justifies firing the dude imo

Burnley will pose a better barometer of Aston Villa's rapid rise under Unai Emery

Quoteit was intriguing to hear Sir Alex Ferguson say that Aston Villa had played "fantastic football" in their 5-1 defeat at Newcastle on the opening weekend of the season – even if there was immediate apparent vindication as they beat Everton 4-0 in their next game.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 26, 2023, 12:40 AMAlthough it might not sound that daft now I'm going to say it as I've thought it for a year two now and I said the same after seeing Haaland for Dortmund early on. Jude Bellingham is going to go down as one of the greatest players ever to play the game.

In an age where transfer fees are ludicrously excessive he is the one player that is worth every penny of the £100m.

You simply do not see this maturity, intelligence and influence in a midfielder of his age. It's so exceptionally rare. Maybe the only other one was Duncan Edwards. I'm so glad he is English (and a Brummie 💪😎)

Yeah he looks like the real deal. All the makings of a future Ballon d'Or winner

Quote from: jadis on Aug 27, 2023, 11:49 AMBurnley will pose a better barometer of Aston Villa's rapid rise under Unai Emery

I saw that :laughing:

Not sure about that but if the great man says so then who am I to disagree.

Fergie 8)

Only God knows.

The second goal Villa just scored makes that goal Carlos Alberto scored in 1970 for Brazil seem average.

Absolutely incredible stuff from Villa. Villa look and are playing like a genuinely top class team.

Only God knows.

I love zlatan, one of the genuinely funny footballers. megalomaniacal and can have a laugh about it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwaCf2rMHLk/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Pep can be so weird at times. Everyone was talking last week about Foden's sensational performance against Newcastle and how he's great in the middle and is the solution in De Bruyne's absence. So naturally he would bench him in a game where they could use his incisiveness.

Everton have played three, lost three and haven't scored a goal. Maybe this is the year they finally go. They have been so lucky to avoid it the last two seasons.

Glad Liverpool won cos I don't want them too far behind MC after Villa have beaten them on Sunday 8)

Only God knows.