And she's sending her team to the finals for the fourth time in a row, what a woman

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 16, 2023, 11:47 PMAnd she's sending her team to the finals for the fourth time in a row, what a woman

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38207135/fa-consider-wiegman-southgate-england-successor

Thoughts?

There's no reason why a woman can't be a top coach. She would have to have a thick skin and be able to get the respect of the players though, and seeing as she has coached in men's football already then why not. You see female coaches in other sports. I know Andy Murray has had them.

What do you reckon?

Only God knows.

Chelsea fear Reece James will be out for months with hamstring injury

Damn. He's an absolute monster of a player but being injured all the bloody time is a problem

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 17, 2023, 04:36 PMhttps://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38207135/fa-consider-wiegman-southgate-england-successor

Thoughts?

There's no reason why a woman can't be a top coach. She would have to have a thick skin and be able to get the respect of the players though, and seeing as she has coached in men's football already then why not. You see female coaches in other sports. I know Andy Murray has had them.

What do you reckon?
she's already a top coach, she's choaching a team that will play a world cup final. Like you're saying, there's no reason why she couldn't choach the men's top either

9 in 6 now for Messi. Scored in every game since he's been in the USA.

This latest one is great:

Physically he obviously isn't what he was ten years ago but mentally he's better than ever. He has grown into a leader with such a commanding presence now and it is amazing. Watching his career he's been criticised for many things, people used to say he couldn't score free kicks, he wasn't a leader like Diego was or that he wasn't great for Argentina, but every time he proves the critics wrong and just keeps adding to his game.

Incredible when you think he used to struggle with anxiety and vomit on the pitch regularly -
https://ideas.ted.com/how-to-handle-anxiety-lionel-messi/

Only God knows.

Early days but City's midfield without Gundogan and De Bruyne looks nothing like last year's unplayable machine. Also Cole Palmer is a gifted young player but no way he's ready to step into Mahrez's shoes 

Mitoma has to be one of the best players in the league right now. What the hell do they need Milner for though? 

Congrats to Spain! I wanted anyone but England to win the World Cup so I was constantly rooting against England the entire time.

I also watched a match with Messi last night that ended in the shootout thing and they were going so long but Miami ended up winning against thanks to the goalie.

I was this cool the whole time.

England were absolutely dreadful. Can't even remember a shot on goal.

Only God knows.

its called FOOTBALL!  8)

https://x.com/mindys_stuff_

June 19th, 2024
mindy_meme_agency

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

I haven't seen the match yet but based on how they generally play the prettiest football I'm glad Spain won
Go Aitana, Ona, and all the rest <3
A pity about their scummy coach though

Also @jimmy jazz, the excellent Dutch goalie Daphne van Domselaar is going to Villa!

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 20, 2023, 09:48 PMI haven't seen the match yet but based on how they generally play the prettiest football I'm glad Spain won
Go Aitana, Ona, and all the rest <3
A pity about their scummy coach though

Also @jimmy jazz, the excellent Dutch goalie Daphne van Domselaar is going to Villa!

They passed it way better and played decent stuff in the first half.

Second half they chose instead to shithouse their way to full time by diving, rolling around and so on. I don't hold that against them BTW. At the end of the day you do what it takes to win.

England could barely put two passes together it was embarrassing.

The pundits said there is a word in Dutch that means 'speakability' and the concept is like you can speak about anything, do you know what word it was? It sounded pretty long and there was an S or two in there I think.

Only God knows.

Bespreekbaarheid? Meaning that things are ok to talk about? As in the opposite of things being taboo

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 20, 2023, 10:19 PMBespreekbaarheid? Meaning that things are ok to talk about? As in the opposite of things being taboo

Yes :)

I did a Twitter search to see if it was that.

Quotebbc presenter trying to pronounce "bespreekbaarheid" is the highlight of my day pls 😂😂😂

Only God knows.