By the sound of it, half the City squad fancy new challenges. Gundogan left for Barca, Bernardo Silva likely to follow, Walker going to Bayern, Mahrez and Laporte leaving too. They can find substitutes, eventually, but it takes players time to adjust to Pep's methods...

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jul 15, 2023, 10:40 AMBy the sound of it, half the City squad fancy new challenges. Gundogan left for Barca, Bernardo Silva likely to follow, Walker going to Bayern, Mahrez and Laporte leaving too. They can find substitutes, eventually, but it takes players time to adjust to Pep's methods...

Hopefully they know something we don't and it's related to the 115 charges and not just wanting a new challenge.

:)

Only God knows.

Two of my favorite goals of all time cause I haven't seen anything like them

Suarez is the greatest pantomime villain the sport has ever seen.

And Ronaldinho is probably the most unique player the sport has ever seen. I absolutely hated that Chelsea team and loved Barcelona beating them 😎

Only God knows.

Messi coming to Miami to join MLS is going to get me into watching footy. I never cared about the sport before but they paid him a shit load of money to join up and he's such a major star that I will start watching. I think his first match is tomorrow night.

I was this cool the whole time.

Messi is the fucking king. It's a shame you didn't follow the World Cup just gone.

Only God knows.

He's truly the greatest. This is one of my favorite compilations because he was still a young, essentially unproven player who hasn't led Barcelona to any titles. The year after that he would score in the Champions League final and be crowned as the best in the world but there's something special about watching him as a young upstart. Also I love the long hair look. 

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 20, 2023, 12:47 PMMessi is the fucking king. It's a shame you didn't follow the World Cup just gone.

Yeah I never watched any of the World Cup stuff. It just felt like the Olympics but like only for football and only concentrating on one sport didn't interest me. Also the fact that the US Men's team is ass so why watch?

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 20, 2023, 01:11 PMYeah I never watched any of the World Cup stuff. It just felt like the Olympics but like only for football and only concentrating on one sport didn't interest me. Also the fact that the US Men's team is ass so why watch?

I think when you follow a World Cup just one time, you'll get into it. The next one is in the USA, Mexico and Canada so now would be a good time to get involved.

USA are shit yes but there's plenty for everyone to be interested in once you know your way around.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 20, 2023, 01:31 PMI think when you follow a World Cup just one time, you'll get into it. The next one is in the USA, Mexico and Canada so now would be a good time to get involved.

USA are shit yes but there's plenty for everyone to be interested in once you know your way around.

US Women's team is dope and I'm following them as well they have some matches coming up soon.

Women's world cup is currently happening so I will follow that.

I have followed this thread much but what's your opinion of Women's matches vs Men's?

The reason I find the Women's team dope is because they actually win and Rapinoe is retiring so she's going to show out but she normally does anyways.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 20, 2023, 02:29 PMUS Women's team is dope and I'm following them as well they have some matches coming up soon.

Women's world cup is currently happening so I will follow that.

I have followed this thread much but what's your opinion of Women's matches vs Men's?

The reason I find the Women's team dope is because they actually win and Rapinoe is retiring so she's going to show out but she normally does anyways.

You can have an enjoyable game at any level but obviously there is a massive difference here. The most exciting for me (aside from Villa) is always internationals so if England get far in the competition I may watch (especially if they get drawn against the USA) but I wouldn't dream of watching women's club football.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 20, 2023, 02:41 PMYou can have an enjoyable game at any level but obviously there is a massive difference here. The most exciting for me (aside from Villa) is always internationals so if England get far in the competition I may watch (especially if they get drawn against the USA) but I wouldn't dream of watching women's club football.

I typo'ed and said "have followed" instead of "haven't followed".

Okay so the same attitude that men have here when it comes to watching like say women's basketball versus men's basketball.

I honestly prefer women's basketball to the men and I also prefer college men's and women's over the NBA.

NBA seems so boring to me. I only tend to watch the NBA when it gets to the finals and stakes are on the line.

Men's college play like stakes are on the line every single game and it gets even better during March Madness.

This one you have to watch @DJChameleon

It's his four goals that were nominated for goal of the year in different years. The way in which he leaves the defenders for dead in the first one is the most surreal thing for me

We've smashed our transfer record.

€50m for Moussa Diaby (£43m). Leverkusen also accepted a "huge" bid from the Saudis but he chose Villa over the Arab money for the PL football and our manager.

So this is a guy who clearly money isn't everything.

Exciting news. @jadis sign for Villa it's gonna be a good season.

Only God knows.

We're now being linked with Jeremy Doku and Dusan Vlahovic ffs.

If we sign either of these...

🍆

Only God knows.