https://apnews.com/article/bc445cb4a08441238d1975bd44e137a6

QuoteThree were detained in Valencia for alleged abuse against Vinícius in a Spanish league match on Sunday. Four were arrested in Madrid for allegedly hanging an effigy of the player off a highway bridge in January.

damn

QuoteThe impact of what happened at Valencia, and Vinicius Jr's long-held frustration over how authorities have approached tackling the subject, now leaves Real Madrid's star player with doubts over his future at the club because he does not feel supported. He feels it is a battle he has been left to take on alone.

The 22-year-old Brazil forward ended his social media message on Sunday by writing: "I am strong and I will go all the way against the racists. Even if it's far from here."

The Athletic contacted Vinicius Jr's staff, asking if this meant he was contemplating an exit from La Liga and Madrid.

Sources from his entourage, who asked not to be named in order to protect their position, replied: "Yes. When you have to fight on your own..."

Another such source was even more categorical: "Until today, there was no chance. From today, yes."

If Vinicius Jr were to decide he wants to leave Madrid due to the regular racist abuse he suffers and the lack of support he receives, Spanish football will lose its brightest talent and it alone will be 100 per cent responsible.

source: nyt

i bet they'd treat him correctly at Aston Villa F.C.

might even beat liverpool, too

More likely to be the first real statement signing at Newcastle tbh.

Only God knows.

Happy Rotterdam Day.

On this day 41 years ago, Aston Villa beat Bayern Munich 1-0 and won the Champions League.

🟣🔵🟣

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 26, 2023, 12:44 PMHappy Rotterdam Day.

On this day 41 years ago, Aston Villa beat Bayern Munich 1-0 and won the Champions League.

🟣🔵🟣

that's sweet and all but qpr has kicked your tiny dicks into the dirt 25 times

WE ARE QPR!

Oh you're into QPR? It was the team of choice for some of hte postpunk crowd I think

And they had one of my favorite players of all time, the fat Moroccan

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Speaking of Aston Villa, how ridiculous is it that Maguire was called up by Southgate to all those tournaments ahead of Mings. I've seen Mings make the odd error but overall he's clearly so much more athletic and talented than Maguire

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

that's a fantastic montage

Quote from: jadis on May 26, 2023, 01:52 PMSpeaking of Aston Villa, how ridiculous is it that Maguire was called up by Southgate to all those tournaments ahead of Mings. I've seen Mings make the odd error but overall he's clearly so much more athletic and talented than Maguire

Mings has been so good this season. And he's a lovely bloke as well.

Villa fans HATE Southgate :laughing:

Its really bad.

Only God knows.

- We're being linked with Marco Asensio on a free and apparently he feels seduced by our offer. This would be fantastic business.

- Ivan Toney revealed to have a gambling addiction and bet on his team to lose and win several times.

- Playoffs this weekend, backing Coventry even though they fucking hate us.

- Dortmund can win the league this weekend 🥹 BVB 🟡⚫🟡

Klopp's Dortmund team of 2011-13 is one of my favourite teams ever. Will always love Klopp. Shame they couldn't win the CL or stay together.

Only God knows.

Bayern 1-0 up.

Dortmund 1-0 down.

Dortmund MUST SCORE TWICE to win the title.

Dortmund just got a penalty after a VAR review, Sebastien Haller had it saved.

Noise in the Westfalenstadion is 8)

COME ON DIE SCHWARZGELBEN! 🟡⚫🟡

Fuck me Dortmund 2-0 down now this is a disaster 😭

Only God knows.

orlando city vs atlanta united tonight

big rivalry

DORTMUND 1 MAINZ 2

Two more needed come on Dortmund 🟡⚫🟡

Only God knows.

Koln equalise, Dortmund will be champions as things stand.

Bet Bayern will score again though. Goals needed!

Only God knows.