And what were some of the rejected names before you settled on SCD?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 01, 2023, 02:12 AMAnd what were some of the rejected names before you settled on SCD?

"Something Eerily Similar"

This is what you want. This is what you get.

You gon get sued by Monty Python and his Flying Circus.

The Cheese Shop

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#4 Apr 01, 2023, 08:56 AM Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023, 10:07 AM by Guybrush
More than 100 suggestions came up :laughing:

What would generally happen is Trolls wouldn't like my suggestions and I wasn't too keen on his. Something Completely Different was the first we both felt was good enough.

Some suggestions I made:

• It's The Arts (Another Monty Python reference)
  • Full Frontal Nudity (yet again)

Domain based suggestions (these would be working URLs and were made based on availability)

Oh, and these are ideas from me that I admitted could be awful:

• The Late Period
  • Prose Before Hoes
  • For the Record
  • Pair of Dice Lost
  • The Fine Prints
  • Trouble Shooting
  • Fetal Attraction
  • Bit by Bit
  • Unsinkable II

So had things gone different, we could have been Fetal Attraction.

The one we finally went for was suggested by Trollheart. I'll let him curate his own list of past suggestions to post here if he wants 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

Fools Academy and Satan's Salon sound great.

Fetal Attraction not so much.

For the Record is good also.

My suggestion would have been Boomer Boards. Message board for the more mature Internet surfer. Most of us are 30+ here.

Only God knows.

I'll admit Fetal Attraction was just an obnoxious joke :laughing:

Gotta put some in there to grab and soak up some of Troll's negative attention and deflecting it from the proper suggestions.

I really can't remember. Like Tore says, we had a lot of them. I think Traveller's Rest, The Signpost, The Clubhouse may have been some of them. Natter and Babble were two more. We ended on Something Completely Different because - to answer JJ's question - unlike MB, this place is not primarily a music forum, with people then complaining that the subjects range outside of music. It can be about virtually anything, which is different to MB. If not completely. But it is something.

It's completely different because Batlord isn't around.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 01, 2023, 09:15 PMIt's completely different because Batlord isn't around.

Only a matter of time imo.

Only God knows.

Nah he was here, but when he realised he couldn't just throw his toys everywhere and stomp around without any consequences, he fucked off in a huff.

Yeah I know, but eventually he'll be back when this place is more active than MB. Which is probably about now tbh?

Only God knows.

This place definitely seems to have a better vibe (so far) than MB.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Apr 02, 2023, 05:10 PMThis place definitely seems to have a better vibe (so far) than MB.

I agree with this 🙂 and keeping a good vibe is definitely a priority for us. I don't worry so much about the toxicity of MB coming over because I think we can have a better handle on it (minimize it) here.