QuoteHe definitely got whacked.

that was nice of them to give him one last handy before killing the guy although i doubt he enjoyed it unless they were also using non-union child labor

Quote from: Guybrush on Apr 01, 2023, 01:40 AMSide note, but I'm kinda disappointed the Jeffrey Epstein / Ghislaine Maxwell cases haven't led to more arrests. Wasn't she supposed to have a bunch of sex tapes showing to he rich and powerful be banging Epstein's human trafficking victims or something?

Edit:

She supposedly was, featuring people like Donald Trump and Bill Clinton.

I find it staggering that the public isn't outraged by this. We all know something is going on and yet we accept it. Sad!

Only God knows.

At least we got to see Prince Andrew claim, on a TV interview, that it couldn't be him in a picture with a minor he banged because the guy in the pic (who looked exactly like Andrew) had sweat stains. And of course Prince Andrew wasn't physically able to sweat after the Falklands war.

:laughing:

Happiness is a warm manatee

That interview was mind blowing. Every excuse he gave was more ridiculous and 'the dog ate my homework' than the last. Shows how out of touch they are that he thought it was a good idea and nobody around him stopped him.

Only God knows.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 01, 2023, 12:24 AMI wonder what the play is if it is politically motivated - if the D's don't think they can really truly lock Trump up (or stick him with anything other than a fine), what's the motivation?

The only other thing I could think is that it would either get Trump supporters to be violent - turning off independent voters from Trump - or try to open a wound and hope other Republicans running in the primaries would smell blood in the water and pounce on him - that doesn't seem to be happening - not yet at least.
They just want any reason to take him down.  This was apparently the best case they could come up with.  Feels like when they took down Capone for tax evasion.

The Al Capone comparison was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the indictment.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Apr 04, 2023, 01:42 PMThe Al Capone comparison was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the indictment.

me three

Democrats and Republicans waking up this morning:

Anyone surprised at the lack of protesters/ insurrectionists so far?

Quote from: Jwb on Apr 04, 2023, 05:12 PMAnyone surprised at the lack of protesters/ insurrectionists so far?

Give the feds a little time

Unfortunately, this is gonna get a lot of those independents and Republicans who didn't vote in 2016 and 2020 out of the woodwork to vote in 2024. It's gonna be like what the midterms was for Democrats....except this time the turnout will be the right leaning people.

Yeah I fear that too. Trump, Crybaby Extraordinaire, will use every trick short of appearing at the arraignment on a cross to compare himself to Jesus and tell his followers this is a witchhunt, even though that's totally mixing metaphors. Most of his supporters probably wouldn't know what a meta was phor anyway. Isn't that what Facebook was called?

But seriously, I see this backfiring and giving (sorry) Trump a bump on his attempt to take the White House again. I feel this is going to turn out to be a really bad miscalculation, and will do more harm to Democrats (and America) than good.

Anybody think he's going to serve any time?

Quote from: Jwb on Apr 05, 2023, 04:02 AMAnybody think he's going to serve any time?

not for this but georgia is going after him for election fraud

still doubt he'll do time but he might

secret service would accompany him in prison if you can believe that

#44 Apr 05, 2023, 04:24 AM Last Edit: Apr 05, 2023, 04:26 AM by Jwb
I'm asking not so much with his safety in mind. I'm sorta enchanted at the idea of watching a presidential race from the state pen, though.