Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 31, 2023, 04:24 AM
Quote from: SGR on Mar 31, 2023, 03:55 AM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 31, 2023, 02:43 AM
Quote from: SGR on Mar 31, 2023, 02:13 AM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 31, 2023, 01:40 AMHe said something like go out and fight didn't he? When he originally predicted he'd be arrested the other Tuesday.

I think he said 'protest', not 'fight'. If there's violence from Trump supporters, it'll just make Trump look worse.

to whom though

To whom did he say it? His supporters, I'd presume.

i don't think inciting violence makes him look worse to many of his supporters and it actually might illicit more loyal support

i don't think his base turned against him at all of jan 6

and can he look worse to those who already hate what he is?

Oh, you meant 'to whom would it make Trump look worse?' - my bad. My thought was that violence from Trump supporters would give the media all kinds of additional ammunition to rail against him, which would fire up Democrats to get out and vote against him, and would push any centrists on the fence after Biden's mediocre performance to either sit the elction out or vote for whoever the (D) candidate is, rather than vote for him.

What does indictment mean for Trump? Can he still run for president in 2024?

QuoteNeither the indictment itself nor a conviction would prevent Trump from running for or winning the presidency in 2024

Imagine if he did win in 2024 after this.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 31, 2023, 12:34 PMImagine if he did win in 2024 after this.

That would be unprecedented.

Or would that be "unpresidented?"  ;)

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Mar 31, 2023, 12:57 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 31, 2023, 12:34 PMImagine if he did win in 2024 after this.

That would be unprecedented.

Or would that be "unpresidented?"  ;)

;)

Only God knows.

it's not going to affect his chances at reelection

Of all the things he's done, it seems weird he'd get indicted for this one. Whatever. I applaud the attempt, though from the outside, Trump does seem to be above US law.

More water on the goose? It'll probably slide right off, but here's to hoping it sticks

:beer:

Happiness is a warm manatee

I think they'll find a technicality to avoid a riot. The American people are their own worst enemy.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 31, 2023, 01:49 PM

I feel like if anything his base will be fired up even more.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Mar 31, 2023, 09:38 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 31, 2023, 01:49 PM

I feel like if anything his base will be fired up even more.

me too

i also think there's validity in that it's a vindictive move

there's no wood behind this arrow

i'm not being an apologist i just wish it was one of his real crimes

but maybe it'll open the door to that

on this if trump says i'm guilty so what they're lame for prosecuting me for this i'd agree with him

I wonder what the play is if it is politically motivated - if the D's don't think they can really truly lock Trump up (or stick him with anything other than a fine), what's the motivation?

The only other thing I could think is that it would either get Trump supporters to be violent - turning off independent voters from Trump - or try to open a wound and hope other Republicans running in the primaries would smell blood in the water and pounce on him - that doesn't seem to be happening - not yet at least.

QuoteI wonder what the play is if it is politically motivated

it's not political; it's personal

i hate him, too

we all do

maybe i'm wrong but i just think it's another thing where the left is playing checkers and the right is playing chess

Wouldn't it be funny if Trump became cell mates with Michael Avenatti?

#28 Apr 01, 2023, 01:40 AM Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023, 09:02 AM by Guybrush
Side note, but I'm kinda disappointed the Jeffrey Epstein / Ghislaine Maxwell cases haven't led to more arrests. Wasn't she supposed to have a bunch of sex tapes showing to he rich and powerful be banging Epstein's human trafficking victims or something?

Edit:

She supposedly was, featuring people like Donald Trump and Bill Clinton.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Apr 01, 2023, 01:40 AMSide note, but I'm kinda disappointed the Jeffrey Epstein / Ghislaine Maxwell cases haven't led to more arrests. Wasn't she supposed to have a bunch of sex tapes showing to he rich and powerful be banging Epstein's human trafficking victims or something?

Edit:

She supposedly was, featuring people like Donald Trump and Bill Clinton.

From what I remember reading, the FBI/police (whoever arrested him) confiscated all of his disks that supposedly contained this stuff. So where are they now?

He definitely got whacked. It's just another case of the rich and powerful looking out for the rich and powerful. I had some kind of naive optimism when he initially got arrested - but after he 'killed himself' in prison, I pretty much realized nothing was going to happen and it was going to be business as usual.

If Ghislaine has information that could implicate certain people in this stuff - I'm sure she saw what happened to Epstein - and she knows that if she spilled dirt, she'd be lined up for an unfortunate 'suicide' with camera malfunctions and sleeping guards too.