I think the smart play for Democrats would be to convince him not to run for reelection

Maybe you should find a president who isn't ancient 😅

Who's a good candidate? Your VP?

Happiness is a warm manatee

#7 Mar 28, 2023, 07:00 PM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 07:02 PM by SGR
If she doesn't run this time around, she'll run eventually. I am fully convinced she will be the president - she'll probably be the first woman who will be. She's got more charisma in her pinky than Kamala has ever had. And she's probably the only Democrat who is Trump's equal in terms of getting attention from the media. And as shallow as it may seem, she'll look a lot better on stage and media appearances than most of the old farts who have been running in recent times - that's enough to sway votes - the whole Nixon vs. Kennedy debate reception for those who heard it on the radio (Nixon's favor) vs. those who watched it on TV (Kennedy's favor) sort of deal.

I knew Biden and Harris were going to be pretty mediocre, which is why I was in favor of Yang until he got yang-ked out of the race.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Mar 28, 2023, 07:20 PMI knew Biden and Harris were going to be pretty mediocre, which is why I was in favor of Yang until he got yang-ked out of the race.

i voted for biden only because he wasn't trump -

but what's up

ice detention centers are still full

relations with china are even worse

health care is still inaccessible

the federal minimum wage is the same

we're digging up pristine land in alaska

mass shootings are the same or maybe worse

cops are still murdering people on the regular

now what was it i was voting for exactly

^Is he getting proposals blocked by senate or is his administration just not making them at all?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 28, 2023, 08:19 PM^Is he getting proposals blocked by senate or is his administration just not making them at all?

the democrats proposed a bill to raise the federal minimum wage but even with a majority he couldn't or wouldn't strong arm it through

i don't know if he proposed any expansion to medicare or not but nothing has helped me in any way

the other things are all him

drilling up alaska, especially

i'm not sure if he's been an active shooter in a mass casualty event or not

that's all very blasé here

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 07:38 PMnow what was it i was voting for exactly

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 07:38 PMi voted for biden only because he wasn't trump -

I think you have the best answer to your own question there, Toy Revolver.

It's true Biden has been ineffectual on multiple issues. He's been hamstrung by right-wing judges (planted-in-advance in the Supreme Court and elsewhere), by the Republican-majority House, and even (though I don't fully recall the details) by unco-operative Democrats Manchin + Cinema. Biden could've been pushing harder for change, and I'm disappointed that there haven't been more executive orders coming from the President's desk.

Still, if you look at the GOP position on gun violence, the abortion issue, the crimes of Donald Trump, the banning of books, etc, Well, then the fact that Biden is not Trump is validation enough for your vote imo. Don't lose faith, Toy Revolver! I'm sure you did the right thing.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 06:12 PMwe seriously need to dump this clown

As for the thread topic and OP, I agree with the underlying proposal, but would word it differently:-

Isn't it time we let this octogenarian retire with a bit of still-intact dignity? As a lead-up to the 2024 election, he should clearly endorse a younger, more energetic candidate, such as Liz Warren or AOC. 

To get lost is to learn the way.

QuoteAs for the thread topic and OP, I agree with the underlying proposal, but would word it differently:-

Isn't it time we let this octogenarian retire with a bit of still-intact dignity? As a lead-up to the 2024 election, he should clearly endorse a younger, more energetic candidate, such as Liz Warren or AOC. 

good call - maybe even wise octogenarian and leave off the "bit of still-intact" and instead of "should clearly" it could be "pass his proud legacy unto" or something something

i'm new at this politeness thing but i'm making steady progress

seriously though manchin and sinema = vomit and tumor

biden really does suck but being hyper critical probably does only belong in close company

he ticks me off

it all makes me furious tbh

the difference between how it is and how it should be is untenable

i mean everyone knows that but it doesn't seem like it

i'm not just negative- i believe we can do better

ramble ramble

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Apr 11, 2023, 04:12 PMIsn't it time we let this octogenarian retire with a bit of still-intact dignity? As a lead-up to the 2024 election, he should clearly endorse a younger, more energetic candidate, such as Liz Warren or AOC. 

Hate to break the news to you but Warren (who I supported in the 2020 primaries) isn't exactly a spring chicken either. I like AOC for the most part but she is going to come off as too extreme to even get the nom much less the general election.

The Word has spoken :D