A thread for blues music. Post anything to do with the blues.

I don't listen to much blues, but I do like this one.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I was listening to this album recently. Hadn't heard it in a while and had almost forgotten how much it hits the spot when I'm in the mood for some authentic Mississippi hill country blues...

R.L. Burnside - Mississippi Hill Country Blues (2000)

QuoteIt's a pleasure to hear R.L. Burnside's early acoustic blues played the way he learned them in the hill country of Northern Mississippi. Three of these tracks date from 1967 and were recorded in Coldwater, MS by folklorist George Mitchell, while the remaining 16 were recorded in the early '80s by Swingmaster operator Leo Bruin in Groningen, Netherlands. This is Burnside playing solo (and mainly) acoustic country blues with the only addition to his guitar and voice being the harmonica of Red Ramsey on "Rolling and Tumbling." While you can't go wrong with the purchase of any Burnside recording, these Swingmaster sessions portray a natural relaxed unaccompanied Burnside. – AllMusic

Here is some impeccably played blues, and a chance to watch three talents sharing the spotlight, because in addition to Little Walter and Koko Taylor, Hound Dog Taylor (standing to LW's right) is playing guitar :-

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jun 14, 2023, 04:22 PMI was listening to this album recently. Hadn't heard it in a while and had almost forgotten how much it hits the spot when I'm in the mood for some authentic Mississippi hill country blues...

R.L. Burnside - Mississippi Hill Country Blues (2000)

Burnside is the man! One of my favorite bluesmen!

^ Yes, I remember us same three - you, me and Psy-Fi - enthusing about RLBurnside in the thread dedicated to him on MB.  :thumb:

...and if we are destined to repeat that forum, here's a Roy Buchanan track, which is like my fave track on fave album by fave artist in fave blues genre. So you get the idea, I'm sure: this one's a favourite:-

To get lost is to learn the way.