Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 02, 2024, 12:44 AMIn what way?

Is this a serious question?

a particle; a fragment of totality

#91 Aug 02, 2024, 02:05 AM Last Edit: Aug 02, 2024, 02:09 AM by SGR
Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 01, 2024, 11:51 PMlol enjoy

Luce is all "oh a country that banned gender affirming care" like bruh, lol, apples to fucking zucchinis

QuoteArticle 333 of the Algerian law (English translation) reads:

"When the outrage to public decency has consisted of an act against nature with an individual of the same sex, the penalty is imprisonment of between 6 months and 3 years, and a fine of between 1,000 and 10,000 Algerian Dinars."

— Article 333, ILGA May 2008 world laws report[3]
Vigilante executions,[5] beatings,[6] and torture[7] are also allowed with police joining in on the attacks,[7] being complicit, or turning a blind eye.[6]

The criminals laws originate from the prevailing mores in Algeria that view homosexuality and cross-dressing as against the Islamic faith.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Algeria

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 02, 2024, 02:08 AMYes.

You're asking why it's inappropriate to compare social policy and identity politics in the US to Algeria?

Like, am I missing something?

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 02, 2024, 02:13 AMYou're asking why it's inappropriate to compare social policy and identity politics in the US to Algeria?

Like, am I missing something?

Is that what you think I was doing?

I felt as if I was trying to point out the ridiculousness of a country like Algeria sending a trans person to represent them in the olympics.

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 02, 2024, 02:18 AMIs that what you think I was doing?

I felt as if I was trying to point out the ridiculousness of a country like Algeria sending a trans person to represent them in the olympics.

That's why I'm clarifying!

No I got the initial joke, and was alluding to it even, but then was confused by you questioning the apples to zucchinis thing. 

I think I get what you're saying.

So, people who say being male or female depends on chromosomes and type of genitals are now saying simply having higher testosterone makes someone male? Interesting.

Quote from: grindy on Aug 02, 2024, 06:18 AMSo, people who say being male or female depends on chromosomes and type of genitals are now saying simply having higher testosterone makes someone male? Interesting.

Yeah, it's so exasperating and speaks to how their "logic" has no internal consistency.

They're saying that even though she was born with a vagina and uterus, her unusually high testosterone makes her a man... and yet these are the exact. same. people. who say that trans men, who also were born with vaginas and uteruses and have unusually high testosterone, are not men. It's such a colossal joke, and a cruel one at that.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Aug 02, 2024, 10:16 AMYeah, it's so exasperating and speaks to how their "logic" has no internal consistency.

They're saying that even though she was born with a vagina and uterus, her unusually high testosterone makes her a man... and yet these are the exact. same. people. who say that trans men, who also were born with vaginas and uteruses and have unusually high testosterone, are not men. It's such a colossal joke, and a cruel one at that.

I always wonder how many of these people were the first ones to call a guy a girl to insult them at the first sign of any "feminine" quality.

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 02, 2024, 03:59 PMI always wonder how many of these people were the first ones to call a guy a girl to insult them at the first sign of any "feminine" quality.

100%

Just can't win

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 02, 2024, 03:59 PMI always wonder how many of these people were the first ones to call a guy a girl to insult them at the first sign of any "feminine" quality.
this is exactly why I hate it so much. It's the same shit I got over me as a kid, but hiding behind feminism.

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 02, 2024, 04:31 PMthis is exactly why I hate it so much. It's the same shit I got over me as a kid, but hiding behind feminism.

Yep. It's all misogyny at the end of the day. (and also rape and pedophilia if you ask th)

As far as I know she is genetically XXY which is why there is a question over her competing with XX females. I just thought I'd let yous know as so far I didn't see it mentioned.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Aug 02, 2024, 10:56 PMAs far as I know she is genetically XXY which is why there is a question over her competing with XX females. I just thought I'd let yous know as so far I didn't see it mentioned.

Right, and that's why it's completely disingenuous that TERFs are bringing trans people into it at all, not to mention saying ignorant and mean spirited things like calling her a man.

This could have been discussed practically and rationally but as usual JK Rowling and her cronies refuse to be normal about non-cis sex and gender.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards