She's just a beast. In the most complimentary of ways.

Kermit and his ilk can't wrap their heads around the duality of hormones lol. 

a particle; a fragment of totality

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 01, 2024, 05:18 PMI found no evidence whatsoever that she's trans, and there's certainly evidence to the contrary. Also the Italian opponent clearly stated that her abandonment of the match is not meant as criticism (whether that's true or not, but that doesn't really matter). Just another case of an article being phrased to insinuate stuff to make people angry

IDK, Mary. I think it's possible that a country that banned gender affirming care might use a transgender person to represent their country in the Olympics.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 01, 2024, 05:32 PMShe's just a beast. In the most complimentary of ways.

Seems like this is most likely the case yes.

Only God knows.

Funny isn't it, there's just old-fashioned sexism behind it too. If a man is really strong everyone thinks it's badass, but when it's a woman it's Wrong somehow and testosterone levels are investigated

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 01, 2024, 06:29 PMFunny isn't it, there's just old-fashioned sexism behind it too. If a man is really strong everyone thinks it's badass, but when it's a woman it's Wrong somehow and testosterone levels are investigated

Not really pretty much every pro athlete is tested regularly for things like that and also the presence of banned substances.

Only God knows.

It's the scaremongering though that makes people think testosterone = trans = bad

To a broader point, what boxer, who trains and knows full well what boxing is and what it entails, cries foul when they get their face punched in? What viewers cry foul when watching a boxing match as someone gets their face punched in and says: "Oh my god, can you believe it?! They just got their face punched in!! The horror!!"

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 01, 2024, 05:32 PMKermit and his ilk can't wrap their heads around the duality of hormones lol. 

Don't you bring Kermit into this.

Jokes aside it's pretty fucked up that this athlete's life is now in danger because being trans or "intersex" is illegal in Algeria.

I'd love to see her smash a few more skulls in

#84 Aug 01, 2024, 11:16 PM Last Edit: Aug 01, 2024, 11:27 PM by SGR
Admittedly, I haven't kept up really with this situation, but how is her life in danger? I mean, would the government of Algeria persecute someone like her because she has higher testosterone than your average woman? I mean, I doubt it if she's in the Olympics bringing them victories and glory (then again, what the fuck do I know about Algerian law?). Or do you think she faces threats from public violence?

Quote from: SGR on Aug 01, 2024, 11:16 PMAdmittedly, I haven't kept up really with this situation, but how is her life in danger? I mean, would the government of Algeria persecute someone like her because she has higher testosterone than your average woman? I mean, I doubt it if she's in the Olympics bringing them victories and glory (then again, what the fuck do I know about Algerian law?). Or do you think she faces threats from public violence?

The latter. How humiliating to have your gender be a topic of discussion on a global level.

JK Rowling for example, is using her platform to call Khalif a man.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 01, 2024, 11:30 PMThe latter. How humiliating to have your gender be a topic of discussion on a global level.

JK Rowling for example, is using her platform to call Khalif a man.

I think I need to read up a bit on Algeria and its political climate. But yeah, that is humiliating.

JK Rowling is a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 01, 2024, 11:38 PMI think I need to read up a bit on Algeria and its political climate. But yeah, that is humiliating.

lol enjoy

Luce is all "oh a country that banned gender affirming care" like bruh, lol, apples to fucking zucchinis

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 01, 2024, 11:51 PMlol enjoy

Luce is all "oh a country that banned gender affirming care" like bruh, lol, apples to fucking zucchinis

Took the words right of out of my mouth.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 01, 2024, 11:51 PMlol enjoy

In what way?