Lingerie football is a thing? Why am I only learning about this now???

Also, is this the only sport in which a streaker is fully clothed when they invade the pitch?  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

QuoteTried to watch WSL (Women's Super League - football no not soccer fuck off we had it first you call yours something else)

lol anything has to be better than irish soccer

3 world cup appearances from a country that cares about it

how's it possible for any country to be that unathletic - and you all support arsenal or manchester united and it's not even your country

that's like me watching canadian football- i'd be ashamed

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 10:42 PM
QuoteTried to watch WSL (Women's Super League - football no not soccer fuck off we had it first you call yours something else)

how's it possible for any country to be that unathletic - and you all support arsenal or manchester united and it's not even your country

Add Celtic to that. And this absolutely takes the piss, by the way.

For a country who never stops going on about how much they hate the British they do love supporting our teams and walking about in our football shirts.

This is not directed toward you Trolls.

Unless you consider yourself anti British, then it is.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 08:42 PMto use toilets that provide insufficient privacy

If you are referring to the gaps between stall doors and under the door...yea what the fuck is that.  My whole life wondered why on earth that became the norm in America.  Who wants people to see in while youre shitting.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 25, 2023, 10:02 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 25, 2023, 09:49 PMI don't watch women's sport for the same reason I don't watch youth sport or non league. It is not the top level.

Except at youth level in the men's you will at least see the most talented kids who might be the future of the sport.

You don't get that in women's.

I don't think it's misogyny. Just reality. If you're happy watching lower level that's fine but I'm not.

Have to say I'm the same. Tried to watch WSL (Women's Super League - football no not soccer fuck off we had it first you call yours something else) but the roar of the crowd wasn't there, didn't know any of the players and basically it meant nothing to me. I mean, fair play to them and I know they do well, and it's quite popular, but give me the men's football every time. I'll watch ice skating or tennis, that's about it for women's sports, or women in sports.

But jwb makes a good point about trans athletes: it's a case of falling between two stools isn't it, neither of which wants them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Very tough.
no thank you.  Instead we'll keep calling it football and referring to teams that win the superbowl as the "world champions" lol.

Absolutely agree. Irish team should disband and fuck off. Biggest cheer we get is when we qualify for a World Cup or European Championship, and then everyone expects us to suck. And we do not disappoint.

Not to mention that most of our better players - all right, all of our better - damn it, ok! All of our players who are anyway decent at all -  play in the English leagues anyway, so how Irish are we? We do excel at falling apart when it counts most that we don't. I used to have in my sig on MB "as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture." Not that, as far as I know, we were ever three goals ahead.

Our biggest and most memorable - and kind of only real - victory was beating world champions Italy 1-0 at Giants Stadium. We'll always have that.

Which is just as well, as we'll never see those days again!  :laughing:

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 26, 2023, 03:36 AMGuest

Absolutely agree. Irish team should disband and fuck off. Biggest cheer we get is when we qualify for a World Cup or European Championship, and then everyone expects us to suck. And we do not disappoint.

Not to mention that most of our better players - all right, all of our better - damn it, ok! All of our players who are anyway decent at all -  play in the English leagues anyway, so how Irish are we? We do excel at falling apart when it counts most that we don't. I used to have in my sig on MB "as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture." Not that, as far as I know, we were ever three goals ahead.

Our biggest and most memorable - and kind of only real - victory was beating world champions Italy 1-0 at Giants Stadium. We'll always have that.

Which is just as well, as we'll never see those days again!  :laughing:

i remember that world cup but not that game

it was huge in america and i remember when usa played brazil brazil was down a man so i thought we might win but brazil still won

wikipedia says it ended brazil beating italy in a shootout but i don't remember that

i just remember everyone had a soccer fever and that one game

I'm sure it was yet another riveting 1-0 match.  Soccer is so boring that it's the only sport where they play right through the fuckin commercial breaks.  That's why they have to shout goal for 45 seconds straight every time someone scores.

#54 Mar 26, 2023, 08:04 AM Last Edit: Mar 26, 2023, 08:13 AM by SGR
Quote from: Jwb on Mar 25, 2023, 09:58 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 09:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 25, 2023, 09:05 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 06:59 AMthe dismissiveness of women's sports on here is misogynistic af but i guess that's cool with everyone

Do you watch women's sports?

yes - college basketball and soccer mostly

i've been following the women's ncaa tournament more closely than the men's this year

i also like gymnastics

how many lay ups have you counted so far?

I really don't watch sports in general anymore except for occasionally the NFL. I'm a Giants fan so even that is a kinda depressing experience

A Giants fan?! Well thanks bro for Kadarius Toney. That dude was a difference maker in the Super Bowl.

Also, how do you feel about the Danny Dimes contract?  :laughing:

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 25, 2023, 11:47 PMno thank you.  Instead we'll keep calling it football and referring to teams that win the superbowl as the "world champions" lol.

Yup, world champs because we're waiting for the rest of the world to put together team(s) that can compete - but there's never any takers. And yeah, soccer is a snorefest. Give me true blue American Football over that nyquil-like sport any day.

You people suck.  :puke:
Football rules. Hand Egg sucks.

Right to the last fucking kick, lads. Right to the last fucking kick.

Americans not getting soccerball is fine afaic. Those who are passionate about it (and talk about "the numbers" or stuff like how Messi is coming to Miami because they promised him 30% of the club's stock if he's signign with them and their stock price rose by a lot in the past few years etc) are far, far more annoying

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: SGR on Mar 26, 2023, 08:04 AM
Quote from: Jwb on Mar 25, 2023, 09:58 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 09:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 25, 2023, 09:05 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 06:59 AMthe dismissiveness of women's sports on here is misogynistic af but i guess that's cool with everyone

Do you watch women's sports?

yes - college basketball and soccer mostly

i've been following the women's ncaa tournament more closely than the men's this year

i also like gymnastics

how many lay ups have you counted so far?

I really don't watch sports in general anymore except for occasionally the NFL. I'm a Giants fan so even that is a kinda depressing experience

A Giants fan?! Well thanks bro for Kadarius Toney. That dude was a difference maker in the Super Bowl.

Also, how do you feel about the Danny Dimes contract?  :laughing:

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 25, 2023, 11:47 PMno thank you.  Instead we'll keep calling it football and referring to teams that win the superbowl as the "world champions" lol.

Yup, world champs because we're waiting for the rest of the world to put together team(s) that can compete - but there's never any takers. And yeah, soccer is a snorefest. Give me true blue American Football over that nyquil-like sport any day.
sigh.... i guess we will probably find out next season whether it was just a fluke.  I never thought i would actually miss the runt of the Manning family.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 27, 2023, 04:55 PMYou people suck.  :puke:

haha video not available

Apparently my country doesn't even want me watching a single clip of your shitty third world sport. I rarely side with the censors but this one was probably a good call.

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 27, 2023, 09:07 PM
Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 27, 2023, 04:55 PMYou people suck.  :puke:

haha video not available

:laughing:

Only God knows.