Why is it misogyny though? That implies to me that the standard which is being self inflicted is ultimately derived from men/the patriarchy.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Apr 03, 2023, 08:48 PM
QuoteHow many guys you imagine would jump on that?

no penis butchery for me

nope

no thank you

no
good for you but that's not what i asked you.

Quote from: Jwb on Apr 03, 2023, 10:10 PMWhy is it misogyny though? That implies to me that the standard which is being self inflicted is ultimately derived from men/the patriarchy.

women can hate themselves

Quotegood for you but that's not what i asked you

you say that like there's even a remote possibility that i might care

QuoteAnd that buccal fat or whatever surgery at the beginning is not based on men's preferences even.  Women in modeling and actresses etc obsess over body fat cause that industry is run by anorexic women and gay men who have no conception of what men actually find attractive.

First of all,

But I'm not sure this entirely cancels out Revolver's point. IMO there's a sense in which the gay fashion designer who turns women into emaciated sexless clothes hangers deeply hates women even if all of his bffs are women.

Still interested if Revolver has a take on what's the psychological (if that's even the right word) dynamic behind M to F.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 03, 2023, 08:00 PM
Quote from: Marie Monday on Apr 03, 2023, 07:02 PMJadis has a sleeve tattoo? I did not expect that for some reason lol

And the whole thing is the MB masthead!

It was a representation of a rhizome, as theorized by Gilles Deleuze and his buddy. I was really struck by this text in my freshman year what can I say. I went to this cool tattoo artist (and eternal literature student) who I knew would be familiar with the concept and be sympathetic to the idea. We arrived at something I thought was pretty cool, but I've grown to dislike it and mostly covered it with other tattoos to the point where my arm just has random dark shit all over. Would've 1000% looked better had I just gone to some guy at the mall and asked him for whatever everyone else was doing back then. BUT I'm also proud of having done the dumb millennial schtick my own way 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Apr 03, 2023, 10:51 PMwomen can hate themselves
Why is their self hatred automatically considered misogyny? When men hate themselves its toxic masculinity and when women hate themselves its misogyny. Very convenient.

Quoteyou say that like there's even a remote possibility that i might care
i need to point out your deflections nonetheless.

i know you don't believe this but i'm not trying to debate you

i think that style of communication is boring

i don't care if you take issues with my positions or point out holes in my logic or any of that

conversation isn't a sport

If you don't want to respond you don't have to.  If you give me half assed responses I'm naturally going to point that out.