Mar 23, 2023, 11:08 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:11 AM by Guybrush
https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/65051900

Thoughts on this?

My opinion: I am not that bothered about it and I don't care about women's sport but it is a pretty significant story so I thought I'd post it here.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 23, 2023, 11:08 PMhttps://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/65051900

Thoughts on this?

My opinion: I am not that bothered about it and I don't care about women's sport but it is a pretty significant story so I thought I'd post it here.

To protect the integrity of women's sports, it's probably the right move.

On the other hand, very few watch women's sports, maybe having some trans women athletes would make it more watchable.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 23, 2023, 11:08 PMhttps://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/65051900

Thoughts on this?

if you have a penis you shouldn't participate in women's sports or be incarcerated with women

these are big losers for the left because the mental gymnastics it takes to think otherwise are herculean

it's like yeah i love you; sure you're really a woman nope you can't be on the team

hormones and yada yada don't care just nah nope no

Quote from: SGR on Mar 23, 2023, 11:18 PM

Thoughts on this?

On the other hand, very few watch women's sports, maybe having some trans women athletes would make it more watchable.

women's basketball soccer and softball are all more popular in america than jazz for whatever that's worth

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 23, 2023, 11:23 PM

Thoughts on this?

women's basketball soccer and softball are all more popular in america than jazz for whatever that's worth

I mean, I don't doubt it, but how do you compare sport viewing and music consumption?

Thoughts on this?

No, they're not more popular than me.

Only God knows.

Quote from: SGR on Mar 23, 2023, 11:25 PM

Thoughts on this?

I mean, I don't doubt it, but how do you compare sport viewing and music consumption?

attendance revenue media coverage whatever metric

people actually do care about women's sports

QuoteNo trans woman is out to rape women in bathrooms or prisons, and forcing them into those male environments is endangering them greatly

i think i'm the only one who has even mentioned prison reform and the problems with rape sexual assault torture and extreme bullying in american prisons

that's a bread and butter talking point when it comes to america's social problems with me

putting penises in female prisons is absolute madness

i'll support other segregation trans only annexes

the abolition of prison altogether

but penises - the primary instrument of rape- in women's prisons - it's not even on the table

yes trans women will be demolished in make prisons

so will fifty something white men with diabetes who have to urinate every thirty minutes

i would be raped repeatedly same as you

it's a prison reform issue

going to the bathroom and going to prison- the arguments might sound the same to you and i don't blame you for arguing on your own behalf- you should - but it's not the same

i get they both cast trans women as predators- but it's not like trans women can't be predators (or imposters) and prison culture as it is today is hunters and hunted

i know you don't want trans women to be hunted - i don't either but women in women's prisons shouldn't have to deal with a new class of penis having inmates

#8 Mar 24, 2023, 12:28 AM Last Edit: Mar 24, 2023, 12:31 AM by Lady of Synth
I apologize for posting that, I said I would keep out of controversial debates and I meant that. I gave into my impulse. I will excuse myself from this discussion.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Mar 24, 2023, 12:28 AMI apologize for posting that, I said I would keep out of controversial debates and I meant that. I gave into my impulse. I will excuse myself from this discussion.

What was it 😲

Guessing you edited your post. Was it abusive or something?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 24, 2023, 01:28 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Mar 24, 2023, 12:28 AMI apologize for posting that, I said I would keep out of controversial debates and I meant that. I gave into my impulse. I will excuse myself from this discussion.

What was it 😲

I posted in response to Toy Revolver's post about trans people in sports and prisons. I was attempting to debate him, but I deleted the post as I have been trying to stay out of debates on current issues for the sake of my own mental health.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 24, 2023, 01:28 AM

What was it 😲

Oh now, you don't expect our Lady to be abusive do you? She's one of the nicest people on here!

As for the story, I find this a tough one. I believe trans people are not being excluded due to their gender per se, or as a a way to, Florida-style, cull them from history, or whatever, but I think it hinges more on the fact that, no matter how much a man may change when they transition, much of the male attributes may still be there, possibly. I'm not sure. I'm not saying every trans woman is a musclebound guy in disguise or anything, but I think the worry is that some male "attributes", in terms of maybe stamina, energy, speed, constitution and all that may remain, and may be seen to put, um, how do I refer to them? Genetically original females? Anyway, those who are born as female is what I mean, may put them at a disadvantage.

I'm not sure. But I suppose as long as the objection is more on a basis of fairness to all rather than discrimination to one gender, I'd support it. I wonder if anyone has considered a trans sports thing? Trans teams competing against each other? Couldn't ban them from that. Florida would of course, as would probably Texas, but I'm talking about sane people here.

Wouldn't you end up in the same situation? Segregating trans men teams from trans women teams?

#13 Mar 24, 2023, 04:29 AM Last Edit: Mar 24, 2023, 04:34 AM by Jwb

Thoughts on this?

i mean honestly they should just let them in.  We might finally see some good dunks in the WNBA.

Women's cycling champ quits after loss to trans rider

QuoteShe said that it "has become increasingly discouraging to train as hard as I do only to have to lose to a man with the unfair advantage of an androgenized body that intrinsically gives him an obvious advantage over me, no matter how hard I train."

"I feel for young girls learning to compete and who are growing up in a day when they no longer have a fair chance at being the new record holders and champions in cycling," she wrote.

"I have felt deeply angered, disappointed, overlooked, and humiliated that the rule makers of women's sports do not feel it is necessary to protect women's sports to ensure fair competition for women anymore," she wrote in the filing.