Carnaby Street and Great times of My Youth

Was just like that for Me

Yes I was a Mod and the alternative was to be a Rocker....grease filled hair was a real off but motor bikes I had no interest so Scooters and the Styles of Clothing Impressed me.

Gotta show off the Rockers as well of course. I married one haha...one condition was get that grease out of your hair or we are done.

https://youtu.be/2vmzvlHrTCs?si=BdRyrjbcuJx0Oac0

#1 Feb 26, 2024, 09:20 PM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2024, 09:23 PM by Dianne W
I moved to Beddington and married in The beautiful old church called St. Mary's Church I call it Beddington Church often and being in the Park it seems right that was where Jeff Beck had his Funeral Service last February.  I lived around the corner from Jeff Beck but never saw him about anywhere.
...Going back to teenager years, my best late friend Rosi and I would regularly go to gigs in Wallington Town Hall just a stones throw from Beddington. Jeff Beck was in the Yardbirds and they appeared a few times at the town hall...was like a school hall with a platform and the old style of wooden floors the sound system was debatable looking back but nothing like that concerns a teenager at a Live Concert.
...Just thinking of Beddington and listening to music videos I just heard Jeff Becks music so here I am thinking backagain with real good memories. Think its an age thing maybe.

https://www.secretcarshalton.com/the-cure-in-carshalton-park-jerry-lee-lewis-in-wallington-and-the-rolling-stones-in-sutton/
all the places like Carshalton Sutton were door step close. surprised Cliff Richards went to the local junior school, Stanley Park Juniors in Carshalton Surrey, had no idea of that....

Just for anyone that's interested in the turn out of the funeral service a year ago now. Not posting this as anything but memories though.

https://dai.ly/x8hwjn5

That's a surprising number of big names playing locally, Dianne. I like the way SecretCarshalton explains each artist by mentioning a hit or two after their names: "....The Rolling Stones(Paint It Black, Gimme Shelter)..."

To get lost is to learn the way.

So many youtube videos about the passing of Jeff Becks some are ok but a lot are really not suitable I feel. We live we die and what we do with ours lives is varied to many things of course, but the media is so so greedy now and wants to just think more money than any bodies feelings with what they put out.
I would hate to be famous and live a life looking over my shoulder.

#4 Feb 26, 2024, 10:57 PM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2024, 11:01 PM by Dianne W
YES was a good find reading that. Just normal things about how and where 'stars' lived and so on.

My life has been very up and down family wise, but I choose to recall things that are mostly good now. ..taken it's toll but then life is so short as you get older.

#5 Feb 27, 2024, 07:12 AM Last Edit: Feb 27, 2024, 07:18 AM by Dianne W
Fleetwood Mac just one of many I still love to listen to. Great Memories.

Go your own way .. Don't stop thinking about tomorrow..Dreams..my favourite catchy tune is still Never Going Back Again.
Once heard it will stay in my head all day.

I love the live versions...

The Video speaks volumes of often how Life and Style in a Band really is.

Wet Wet Wet a band from the 80's and still touring but without Marti Pellow the singer and not the same at all without him.
Well I fancied him like mad at that time not for the goodlooks so much just the bigger picture of him like he always had a gorgeous smile.

copied and pasted from an article about him.

Wet Wet Wet enjoyed a great deal of success in the 1980s after meeting at high school in Scotland. They were together for around 17 years when they split, though their success did not come until they broke through with their Number One cover of With A Little Help From My Friends. Marti Pellow has left the group several times, now seemingly for good - but why did he leave?
Marti Pellow has left the band Wet Wet Wet twice, for very different reasons.
he first time he left, which ultimately led to the band's split, came after a dispute over royalties in 1997 saw the departure of the band's drummer, Tommy Cunningham.

Two years later, Marti left the band after signing a solo contract with Sir Elton John's former manager John Reid.

A spokesman for John told the BBC at the time: "He [Marti] has moved on and signed a solo deal. After 12 very good years with Wet Wet Wet he has decided to go forward."

At the same time, Marti also sought help for his heroin addiction.
Pellow has been open about his struggles with addiction and his subsequent journey towards recovery. He firmly believes that overcoming his battles with addiction has granted him a heightened appreciation for life, further fueling his unwavering passion for music. Pellow's ability to convey profound emotions through his music stands as a testament to his immense talent, solidifying his revered status as an icon within the music industry.

One of the best driving songs ever.

I'm not sure whether I'd mentioned them before on this forum but around 1990 I was really into .MOD sound module files played using the MS-DOS utility called MFED. They were popular in the Commodore 64 days.

mfed152.arj    70K    MFED v1.52 - MOD player/editor [SB,2DAC,DAC,Speaker]

I downloaded a bunch from regional bullet board systems including campy techno mixes composed using the sound effects from Wolfenstein 3D, a chiptune reimagining of the theme to Airwolf, and a similar cover of the Red Dwarf theme.

I dug around The Internet Archive but was unable to find them, and Google searches lead me down a path of retired Geocities pages archiving old .MODs.

I ripped them to cassette around 1994 and even ported a few to CD-R. I'll have to dig those up some time.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Mar 01, 2024, 10:23 PMI'm not sure whether I'd mentioned them before on this forum but around 1990 I was really into .MOD sound module files played using the MS-DOS utility called MFED. They were popular in the Commodore 64 days.

mfed152.arj    70K    MFED v1.52 - MOD player/editor [SB,2DAC,DAC,Speaker]

I downloaded a bunch from regional bullet board systems including campy techno mixes composed using the sound effects from Wolfenstein 3D, a chiptune reimagining of the theme to Airwolf, and a similar cover of the Red Dwarf theme.

I dug around The Internet Archive but was unable to find them, and Google searches lead me down a path of retired Geocities pages archiving old .MODs.

I ripped them to cassette around 1994 and even ported a few to CD-R. I'll have to dig those up some time.

I used to make mods when I was a teenager. My favourite tracker is / was Fasttracker II which used the .xm-format, but of course also was .mod compatible. I learned a lot about making music in those years.

My mods aren't really accessible today, but this little chip tune is a rare exception.

There's still trackers out there. Milkytracker seems to take inspiration from FT2.

Happiness is a warm manatee

LOVE IT, @Guybrush ! And I remember Fasttracker! Your chiptune takes me back. Thanks! :)

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Mar 01, 2024, 11:14 PMLOVE IT, @Guybrush ! And I remember Fasttracker! Your chiptune takes me back. Thanks! :)

Haha, thanks yourself 😄 relistening to this kinda made me want to make more chip tunes!

Something I liked was.. Making music with Fasttracker was, once you got familiar with it, very quick. I could easily make a song and have it done in one session.

Happiness is a warm manatee

#12 Mar 03, 2024, 08:40 AM Last Edit: Mar 03, 2024, 08:45 AM by Dianne W

What a Character John is, just love this great person through and through.

Admire the way Nora and Himself coped with their sad situation. Yes can see people with illness's hate the thought of meeting people they know... always they are kind, but they need to ask you, How are you...Well that's the last thing people want to talk about in truth. Live for today I say.

https://youtu.be/v4OzI9GYag0?si=CHC7U1qS3MvF22jJ

Bad Language on this One...just warning you...
https://youtu.be/8XGe_hncsiM?si=4vUNH4YbWF1clAnR

Finally to tie up my memories of the Sex Pistols.

just add one more just now.

Just transcribing my apology to you re your comment in MB as you appear not to have seen it...

Quote from: DianneW;2236853:bonkhead:welcome back but dont ever slag me off again I am mildly dyslectic but I am honest and trueful ...you deleted my thread of yours stories and I so felt upset over that...just so you know I am a human being with strong feelings of being rejected through out my life.. Yes you are heart felt broken but your sister it at last at peace.

Jaysus Dianne! Nice to see you again. Not sure what you mean, unless you're talking about the copies of my journals you had on Over50s? If so, I was actually advised to do that and start over as I was there myself. It was not meant to be any reflection on you, and as you weren't there I couldn't ask. Nevertheless, if you took it as some slight or insult, I apologise; was not meant as one.

#14 Mar 04, 2024, 11:12 PM Last Edit: Mar 05, 2024, 08:40 AM by Dianne W
You know not how it hurt so much, felt so personnel, but life believe me is short and I do not carry grudges so much any more Trolls after my mother passed she really set about more abuse with me and sister from the grave...I do feel for your loss and don't want to harp to much so just saying time does heal and you see that her suffering is over....