Post whatever bits you find funny or painfully unfunny, see if i care

Really love this guy. Normally I don't care all that much when artists I love die cause whether Lou Reed or Kurtag or Joan Didion are still alive or not, the art's still there. But his death of cancer a year ago or so got me really sad. 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Stand up comedy? Well, I like it a lot more than lie down comedy.

ba-da-boom

Remember to tip your server.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I dunno if you have ever watched any of these roast battles, but this is easily the most brutal one I've ever seen.  Featuring the one and only Nick mullen who eviscerated friend of Joe Rogan and former feminist Jamie Kilstein.

Also for the sake of keeping things active,  i was wondering do you intend this thread to be strictly stand-up on stage or could we post other forms of comedy like maybe O&A clips and convos featuring prominent comedians,  or even comedy sketches etc?

First of all, post everything you like and esp O&A clips because all I've heard is a couple of Patrice bits. And I'd love to discover more

I've actually been to a few of the Luis J Gomez-hosted roast battles at the old Stand, it ran during my two years in NYC. I was listening to Cum Town religiously and tried to catch the boys live as much as I could. One night one of the contenders was a chick who got roasted for being a massive slut. When I then came on to her after the show she wasn't impressed. "You just heard that I fuck everyone and decided to shoot your shot, right?" that kidn of thing. No hard feelings.

Don't remember hearing this one, I probably assumed everything with Kilstein is going to be cringe. Will watch     

Btw Luis is great as the foil to Mullen and Tim Dillon but as a solo act he's pretty bad

Damn now I'm nostalgic for living in NYC during the Trump presidency and listening to CUm Town on the subway

Don't really watch stand up but Dave Chappelle's bit on Juicy Smoulliet was funny as fuck. "It sounds like something... That I would say!"  :laughing:

If anyone can suggest his best shows to watch and shit, that'd be great.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 01, 2023, 02:19 PMDon't really watch stand up but Dave Chappelle's bit on Juicy Smoulliet was funny as fuck. "It sounds like something... That I would say!"  :laughing:

Here's a classic Chappelle's Show skit...

#7 Apr 04, 2023, 05:09 AM Last Edit: Apr 04, 2023, 05:17 AM by Jwb
Quote from: jadis on Mar 29, 2023, 10:09 PMFirst of all, post everything you like and esp O&A clips because all I've heard is a couple of Patrice bits. And I'd love to discover more

I've actually been to a few of the Luis J Gomez-hosted roast battles at the old Stand, it ran during my two years in NYC. I was listening to Cum Town religiously and tried to catch the boys live as much as I could. One night one of the contenders was a chick who got roasted for being a massive slut. When I then came on to her after the show she wasn't impressed. "You just heard that I fuck everyone and decided to shoot your shot, right?" that kidn of thing. No hard feelings.

Don't remember hearing this one, I probably assumed everything with Kilstein is going to be cringe. Will watch     

Btw Luis is great as the foil to Mullen and Tim Dillon but as a solo act he's pretty bad

imo o&a is probably the best comedy show of all time, of any format.

I can say more about why that is but in a nutshell they had a constant stream of high quality comedian guests and an environment where they weren't just doing parts of their act to a straight man host but instead bouncing off one another in banter. On top of the guests,  two of the three hosts were comedian Jim norton and tin-knocker turned radio guy Anthony cumia. Both of them are hilarious in their own right. Opie is an unfunny cunt.

Here's a couple hilarious jim norton clips from the show. Patrice is in the first video as well. Kevin Pollak also makes an appearance towards the end of the 2nd video.

#8 Apr 04, 2023, 05:27 AM Last Edit: Apr 04, 2023, 05:30 AM by Jwb
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 01, 2023, 02:19 PMDon't really watch stand up but Dave Chappelle's bit on Juicy Smoulliet was funny as fuck. "It sounds like something... That I would say!"  :laughing:

have you honestly not seen Chappelle Show?

Besides that, his 2017 netflix special was pretty good and so was Sticks and Stones overall. For as much heat as it got over the trans material, that wasn't even close to the majority of the material and the rest of it was all shit that would be funny to virtually any fan of his. 

The most recent special he made i honestly couldn't finish.  Now it sounds like he's actually just preaching. Dunno if it's spite or just audience capture or what. But i feel like the comedic spark was gone.

I did like the snl monolog about kanye

His SNL monologue about Kanye was brilliant:

"If they're Black, then it's a gang. If they're Italian, it's a mob, but if they're Jewish, it's a coincidence and you should never speak about it."

:laughing:

Admittedly, I'm sick of his trans material - not because I'm offended, but I just think there's other material out there he could ply from. But when he does the trans stuff, everyone freaks out and he gets headlines and publicity everywhere - probably why he continues to do it.

Quote from: Jwb on Apr 04, 2023, 05:09 AM
Quote from: jadis on Mar 29, 2023, 10:09 PMFirst of all, post everything you like and esp O&A clips because all I've heard is a couple of Patrice bits. And I'd love to discover more

I can say more about why that is but in a nutshell they had a constant stream of high quality comedian guests and an environment where they weren't just doing parts of their act to a straight man host but instead bouncing off one another in banter. On top of the guests,  two of the three hosts were comedian Jim norton and tin-knocker turned radio guy Anthony cumia. Both of them are hilarious in their own right. Opie is an unfunny cunt.

Here's a couple hilarious jim norton clips from the show. Patrice is in the first video as well. Kevin Pollak also makes an appearance towards the end of the 2nd video.

Good stuff. We need more

Really like this guy

@Jwb not in its entirety no. Probably seen the odd clip on YouTube.

I saw the first 40 mins of Killing Them Softly the other night and tbh turned it off because it was boring and predictable. I'd be willing to give him another go though cos he has done some funny stuff.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 04, 2023, 03:56 PM@Jwb not in its entirety no. Probably seen the odd clip on YouTube.

I saw the first 40 mins of Killing Them Softly the other night and tbh turned it off because it was boring and predictable. I'd be willing to give him another go though cos he has done some funny stuff.
i never thought he was that strong of a standup back in the day,  even though it's become trendy to pretend like that old material was better. I think the special he did in 2017 was my favorite.  But chappelle show is easily his most iconic work.  Just look up the rick James sketch, the black kkk guy and the R kelly  sketch. If you don't like any of those you can probably just give him a pass imo.

#13 Apr 06, 2023, 04:56 AM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2023, 05:38 AM by Jwb
Quote from: jadis on Apr 04, 2023, 02:45 PM
Quote from: Jwb on Apr 04, 2023, 05:09 AM

Good stuff. We need more.

ok. Here's some more

More jimmy

Parice vs Louis CK on airport security

#14 Apr 07, 2023, 05:03 PM Last Edit: Apr 07, 2023, 05:05 PM by jadis
More and more people are talking about what a fucking atrocious film Forest Gump is. One of the worst things 90s kids got rammed down our throats, even those of us raised in Catholic Quebec!