Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

The first time Can gets posted here? 

#18 Apr 29, 2023, 10:22 PM Last Edit: Apr 29, 2023, 10:24 PM by SGR
Quote from: jadis on Apr 13, 2023, 01:49 AMVery high in my personal canon. Nothing quite like it

It's too bad Miles went into his spiral of drug use and shacking up with groupies shortly after this was recorded. It would've been really interesting to hear what else he'd have come up with had he continued progressing in this direction.

Instead we got stuff like this after he unretired:

Quote from: SGR on Apr 29, 2023, 10:22 PMIt's too bad Miles went into his spiral of drug use and shacking up with groupies shortly after this was recorded. It would've been really interesting to hear what else he'd have come up with had he continued progressing in this direction.

I'm pretty fuzzy on the chronology of Miles releases, it's hard to remember when something was recorded vs when it was released etc

But didn't he record Agartha, Pangaea and Dark Magus between Get Up With It and the really big meltdown? These are three of my favorite records of all time

Not big on the late era Miles tbh

Quote from: jadis on May 03, 2023, 01:08 AMI'm pretty fuzzy on the chronology of Miles releases, it's hard to remember when something was recorded vs when it was released etc

But didn't he record Agartha, Pangaea and Dark Magus between Get Up With It and the really big meltdown? These are three of my favorite records of all time

Not big on the late era Miles tbh

Yeah, that's mostly true - Get Up With It was technically a compilation of songs that spanned recording dates. But both Agartha and Pangaea were recorded after it was. I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of what his studio efforts would sound like - but you're right, those live albums are some of his absolute best, with Dark Magus probably being my favorite.

Even by Nino Rota's standards this is something special

The sexiest pop album ever 

Quote from: SGR on Apr 29, 2023, 10:22 PMIt's too bad Miles went into his spiral of drug use and shacking up with groupies shortly after this was recorded. It would've been really interesting to hear what else he'd have come up with had he continued progressing in this direction.

I love yacht soul era Miles tbh.  :laughing:

Insanely good song

One of those recordings I listen to as a rare treat cause it's too beautiful