Quote from: TheBig3 on Oct 02, 2024, 04:40 AMA person I know just posted this and wrote "My new favorite" and I like her taste (usually) so I listened and...can someone tell me if I'm just an out-of-touch, grumpy old man?

The vocals remind me of Bon Iver. I thought I liked it in the beginning but meh it doesn't go anywhere.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 07, 2024, 05:54 AMThe vocals remind me of Bon Iver. I thought I liked it in the beginning but meh it doesn't go anywhere.

Right? I think he wants to be a "For Emma" era Bon Iver, but it sucks. Thanks for replying. I was wondering if I was out of touch.

Soul Coughing has reunited for the first time in 25 years and just played Brooklyn. There was a paid live stream and someone uploaded the entire set to YouTube. I ripped it before it gets taken down.

Dig it!

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Aug 20, 2024, 01:28 AMYes, I've listened to some Canterbury Scene artists.  With the exception of liking Soft Machine very much,  my enthusiasm for Canterbury artists falls way short of Guybrush's but I might dip into some more albums again. Perhaps you have a particular recommendation, Saulaac ?

I'm late to this, but I'd say the quintessential Canterbury album is Hatfield and the North 🙂

It's not particularly easy, but it's well worth anyone's time as it is absolutely marvelous. It's the kind of album where I know people won't immediately fall for it, but it is one of my favorite things in the whole world. It has moments of astonishing beauty and a sound that is so original, accomplished and inventive. It takes a few listens before it starts to stick, but rarely is such effort ever so worth it, I think.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Found this dude through IG ads

I was this cool the whole time.

I'd just like to add some smoozy library jazz, as I'm currently trying to transcribe the bass part on Soundslice but it's taking me fooking ages. More funky than I thought.

#636 Oct 13, 2024, 03:12 PM Last Edit: Oct 13, 2024, 03:18 PM by Lisnaholic
Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 11, 2024, 04:15 PMI'm late to this, but I'd say the quintessential Canterbury album is Hatfield and the North 🙂

It's not particularly easy, but it's well worth anyone's time as it is absolutely marvelous. It's the kind of album where I know people won't immediately fall for it, but it is one of my favorite things in the whole world. It has moments of astonishing beauty and a sound that is so original, accomplished and inventive. It takes a few listens before it starts to stick, but rarely is such effort ever so worth it, I think.

Wow ! Thanks, Guybrush. That is certainly high praise for an album that I recall only vaguely: in fact I remember the beautiful album cover, more than the music, so it's clearly time I listened to it properly. I used to hear Hatfield and the North at a friend's house where various cool people used to hang out, so the music was often like a background to the chat. Also on rotation, (same place, same guys) was this album of light jazz by the Chico Hamilton Quintet:-

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

QuoteOct 10, 2024 

Directed by Delgis Jose Mustafa
Shot by Alejandro Ramos
Edited by Delgis Jose Mustafa and Jonny Clay
Color by Jonny Clay
Production Assistance by Blaine Stephens

The Blackeyed Susans - Enemy Mine