Quote from: Guybrush on Apr 22, 2023, 06:33 AM^So weird how Hüsker Dü means "Do you remember?" in Norwegian, only we'd spell it "Husker Du" without the umlauts over the Us.

How did they find that name again? I'm sure I read it before.

If memory serves, they ripped the name from a board game that they used to play:

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 23, 2023, 02:20 PM

@SGR this is so good lul.

Makes me want to dance topless on a bar in Tenerife with whipped cream on my nipples at about 3am just as the sun is coming up.

A very apt description of the feeling it gives  :laughing: If it's not my favorite song from 2022, then it's in the top 3 I'd say. An absolutely excellent tune.

I'm big into that poppy yet bittersweet and celebratory house music - the vibe that Fred Again song has. If you haven't checked them out before, you should listen to some of the stuff that KREAM does. It gives me the same vibes. They have this set of mixes they do called 'Liquid Lab' - the amount of work they put into them is impressive, and the details are meticulous. Here's an excerpt/mashup from one of their recent Liquid Lab mixes - the way they utilize the vocals from Temper Trap's "Sweet Disposition" and sample the echoed vocals from M83's "Midnight City" is just pristine:

Here's the entire set that the mashup is taken from - it can be heard about 12:30 into the video. I'd love for Fred Again to tour with KREAM - that would be an absolutely immense show:

Thank you mate I will get on it.

Only God knows.

Finally a new song that I like 😊
(they released another new song/video 10 hours ago but didn't listen to it properly)

Released 14.04.2023
Budiño - Serán de Niñóns

Just took in Underworld's set from weekend 1 at Coachella. Fans produced an HD video of the show and a lossless FLAC audio version with output from the soundboard mixed with audience applause between tracks and remastered/rebalanced the sound.

UW has a fan base who knows how to produce a quality boot.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Apr 28, 2023, 01:44 AMJust took in Underworld's set from weekend 1 at Coachella. Fans produced an HD video of the show and a lossless FLAC audio version with output from the soundboard mixed with audience applause between tracks and remastered/rebalanced the sound.

UW has a fan base who knows how to produce a quality boot.

Where can I hear this?

Quote from: SGR on Apr 28, 2023, 02:22 AMHmmm I'm getting "This item was deleted" when I click the links

So sorry - the engineer must have taken them down. They may resurface on the UW Board of Trade if that's still around.

ᑕᑲᐦᑭ ᑭᐢᑭᓇᐧᐦᐊᒪᐋᐧᑲᓂᐢ!

^ No way, I saw those guys live recently!

One of my favorite minimal ambient compilations is John Foxx and Harold Budd's Nighthawks, Translucence and Drift Music box set from 2017, and this week I've been revisiting another serene multi-disc set by John Foxx - Cathedral Oceans I + II as well as the later Cathedral Oceans III effort which was issued separately.

I know Foxx released The Arcades Project on 31 March 2023 but I haven't gotten around to that one just yet. I hope it will be just as sparse and ethereal as the others.

Pictured is my copy of the Budd+Foxx collaboration limited vinyl edition from Demon Records, autographed.

#71 May 01, 2023, 01:23 AM Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 01:25 AM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: SGR on Apr 30, 2023, 11:30 PM^ No way, I saw those guys live recently!

Where'd you see them? Mars? Your nightmares? A bad acid trip?

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

https://twitter.com/shhon_

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

This day marks the 40th anniversary of the release of "Weird Al" Yankovic's debut album! I'm celebrating with The Squeeze Box - a limited edition 15 LP box set of Al's entire catalog housed in a full-scale replica of his accordion with "Medium Rarities" bonus disc, turntable slipmat, and 100-page photo book.

NPR published a nice write-up this morning to mark the occasion - 40 Songs From 40 Years Of 'Weird Al' Yankovic.
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/03/1171948750/40-songs-from-40-years-of-weird-al-yankovic

"Even Numbers" by Gregor Samsa