https://x.com/mindys_stuff_

June 19th, 2024
mindy_meme_agency

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

#556 Jun 02, 2024, 05:01 PM Last Edit: Jun 03, 2024, 12:59 AM by innerspaceboy
Brian Eno's mythic live album with Can's Holger Czukay and J. Peter Schwalm, titled Sushi! Roti! Reibekuchen!, was released for the very first time for the 25th anniversary of the recording on April 12, 2024 by Gronland Records.

The album captures excerpts of a three-hour improvised performance featuring the three artists and Raoul Walton and Jern Atai from Schwalm's group Slop Shop.

File under: ambient; electronic; abstract

(I'm like this all the time.)

The opener to Ozric Tentacle's last album sounds really good to me 🙂 and a little inspiring now that I'm playing with the sequencer on my Microfreak synth.

Happiness is a warm manatee

If I still lived in London, I would have probably organized myself to go to one of these jazzre:freshed concerts by now. But alas I'm far away so can only watch from a distance.

This week's band was led by Robert Mitchell on piano. A funny funky extravaganza. And I wouldn't say that I'm biased towards the bassist, but yeah I do love those basslines.
To be fair, every instru-mentalist does their bit to create a wunder fusion.

Leafar Legov - Mirror

This is somewhere between ambient techno and downtempo, but overall is pretty much its own thing. Very chill, incredibly warm, organic sound. Nothing exciting, but just really cool, relaxed, atmospheric stuff. Pretty damn groovy as well.

So good. I have it on repeat currently

I was this cool the whole time.

ffs I love Liz Phair so much :laughing:

Have been listening to lots of Alvvays. Seeing them this Saturday, can't wait

Quote from: YorkeDaddy on Jun 12, 2024, 08:55 PMHave been listening to lots of Alvvays. Seeing them this Saturday, can't wait

Nice! Kinda reminds me of The Cardigans and Briskeby, stuff from the early 2000s but very well done.

Which reminds me of this:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Happy Birthday Trout Mask Replica!

June 16, 2024 marks the 55th anniversary of Trout Mask Replica's release!

Still, 55 years after the release of Trout Mask Replica some might say it is still ahead of its time. The record continues to inspire musicians around the world and is still regularly noted among the best rock albums of all time. So much more could be said but what comes first to your mind? – Please share your thoughts.

(I'm like this all the time.)

^ Nice, ISB ! I was once the proud owner of that same double-vinyl album, and played it not only obssessively, but also inappropriately, in my urge to convince people how good it was. I still remember the polite, perplexed look on the face of my then-girlfriend's mother as she sat in her armchair and I perched on the sofa, exhorting them both, "listen to this track..."  :-[
(Perhaps, not unrelatedly, she stopped being my girlfriend shortly afterwards.)

Of recent posts: Thanks for the reminder that Ozric Tentacles have a cool sound, Guybrush. :thumb:
And this one from grindy that I have been listening to: it's a nice combination of smooth, with a little bit of grit in it too ( or is that just because it is actually a scratched vinyl copy!):-

Quote from: grindy on Jun 09, 2024, 09:22 PMLeafar Legov - Mirror

This is somewhere between ambient techno and downtempo, but overall is pretty much its own thing. Very chill, incredibly warm, organic sound. Nothing exciting, but just really cool, relaxed, atmospheric stuff. Pretty damn groovy as well.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

I just ran across a Jody Watley song from the 80's and I still knew every word. I guess I still dig her.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."