I thought that perhaps we could christen (?) The Abyss forum with some necrophilia.

I bring to your attention the case of Anatoly Moskvin, a "a Russian former linguist, philologist, and historian who was arrested in 2011 after the mummified bodies of twenty-six girls and women between the ages of 3 and 29 were discovered in his apartment" (Source: Wikipedia).

He himself suggests that his special interest in death started with a childhood incident in which he was forced to kiss the waxy forehead of an 11 year old dead girl.

At some point in the 2000s, it seems he started digging up graves for trophies and to find the dead bodies of young girls which he took home and then mummified, turning them into human dolls.

This video in russian films the inside of his apartment, although it seems a little hard to move around in there due to the hoardish amount of stuff everywhere. You can see the bodies sitting on cupboards, etc. Skip to 1:24 or so.

Closer image of one of his dolls
[close]

If you want to read more, this article on All That's Interesting gives a run-through -> https://allthatsinteresting.com/anatoly-moskvin

Weird stuff.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 20, 2023, 02:49 PM
[close]

I'm gutted that probably nobody on here is going to know who this is but that is the spitting image of Erling Haaland. It is uncanny.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 20, 2023, 03:00 PMI'm gutted that probably nobody on here is going to know who this is but that is the spitting image of Erling Haaland. It is uncanny.

Haha, you're right :laughing: that's a pretty good likeness.

I thought of the guy from Little England

I fucking love how dark the Russian soul can get. Will post here if I find something good about him

Hilarious video title too, "Extremism with dead girls" or maybe can be translated as "Extremist activities with dead girls"

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I remember reading about that bizarre case several years ago. That's some extreme morbid fascination for sure.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 20, 2023, 03:00 PM
Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 20, 2023, 02:49 PM
[close]

I'm gutted that probably nobody on here is going to know who this is but that is the spitting image of Erling Haaland. It is uncanny.

Maybe the Russians have an interest in Man City?  :laughing:

#6 Mar 20, 2023, 08:24 PM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2023, 08:26 PM by Guybrush
The Daily Stars article had an image of a body that was a little more disturbing.

Pic of a child's mummified corpse
[close]

None of these articles say much about how he used these as sex toys, but come on. Why else would a fucked up guy make dolls out of dead children?

#7 Mar 21, 2023, 02:11 AM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2023, 07:46 AM by Guybrush
Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 20, 2023, 08:24 PMThe Daily Stars article had an image of a body that was a little more disturbing.

Pic of a child's mummified corpse
[close]

None of these articles say much about how he used these as sex toys, but come on. Why else would a fucked up guy make dolls out of dead children?

Maybe he just preferred more 'lifelike' aesthetics for his menagerie of dolls?

#8 Mar 21, 2023, 02:52 AM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2023, 03:02 AM by Jwb
Maybe he used them to drive in the carpool lane.