Quote from: SGR on May 05, 2023, 02:36 AMWhen my wife and I get really drunk, we both sing "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" together.

that's beautiful- what great song and what a great love song

god the smiths are great

Quote from: SGR on May 05, 2023, 02:36 AMWhen my wife and I get really drunk, we both sing "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" together.

Ahh, I love that!  :love:

I've definitely sang "Fly Me to the Moon" to my guy on drunken late nights, if we had an "our song" I think that might be the closest thing to it.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 05, 2023, 02:55 AMAhh, I love that!  :love:

I've definitely sang "Fly Me to the Moon" to my guy on drunken late nights, if we had an "our song" I think that might be the closest thing to it.

Not exactly a romantic type song, but my wife and I always seem to end up singing along with "Call Me Al" when we're driving long distance. On our little road trip last week, I think we sang it multiple times per day.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#93 May 05, 2023, 09:06 PM Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 02:18 AM by SGR
Filles de Kilimanjaro could very well be the greatest Miles Davis album - also with the grooviest cover art:

It's got this strange, cerebral, teetering vibe that's unlike anything else he ever did. Any time I listen to it, I feel like it's exploring the inside of my brain.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 05, 2023, 02:55 AMI've definitely sang "Fly Me to the Moon" to my guy on drunken late nights, if we had an "our song" I think that might be the closest thing to it.

That's funny, Tony Bennett's rendition of that song was our first dance song. :)

QuoteFilles de Kilimanjaro

my fave is sketches of spain

maybe it's just because they're both referencing a place but i tend to think of the two as sisters

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 05, 2023, 10:07 PMmy fave is sketches of spain

maybe it's just because they're both referencing a place but i tend to think of the two as sisters

Yeah, they're definitely not sisters in terms of sound or style. Sketches of Spain is much closer to Porgy and Bess. All great albums though.

Oh yeah, also...

Let It Be is my favorite Beatles album.

I've Got a Feeling is an incredible song.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Let it Be as a favorite. Naked is great and the original is great.

I'm not a big Beatles person, but Sgt. Pepper probably has the most songs I like on it, plus it was the biggest influence on prog rock so it gets my vote.

As for Let It Be, I do like Two Of Us a lot, it's one I remember loving as a very young child.

Quote from: SGR on May 06, 2023, 02:21 AMOh yeah, also...

Let It Be is my favorite Beatles album.

I prefer the Laibach version.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on May 06, 2023, 02:55 AMI prefer the Laibach version.

Never even heard of this before - I'll have to listen. For those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be_(Laibach_album)

Saw Peter Gabriel's Secret World concert video from 1993 today.

It was great! And it reminded me of an opinion I have that might be controversial.

Solo Peter Gabriel is awesome and much better than Genesis Peter Gabriel which was more often annoying and insufferable (like on Battle of Epping Forest).

Happiness is a warm manatee

...unlike the brilliant Genesis Phil Collins  ;D

The first two Genesis albums with Collins on vocals slap honestly.

And The Battle of Epping Forest is so interestingly divisive. I've always loved it but prog discourse online seems very split on it.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 11, 2023, 02:09 AMThe first two Genesis albums with Collins on vocals slap honestly.

And The Battle of Epping Forest is so interestingly divisive. I've always loved it but prog discourse online seems very split on it.

i really love everything from trick to genesis genesis- but wind and wuthering is my favorite of those and my second favorite genesis record period behind lamb