Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 24, 2023, 10:32 PMWhy would the NYPD kill him?

because he openly bragged about killing the police

and the police don't need a reason

they kill people for the same reason ted bundy did

I don't think the police killed Big L because they didn't like his lyrics.

I don't think every rapper's unsolved murder is because they were killed by police.

Only God knows.

Forgot Renegade. Eminem was good on that.

Renegade
Stan
Role Model
Rock Bottom
I'm Back
Lose Yourself

These are good songs.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 25, 2023, 08:40 PMForgot Renegade. Eminem was good on that.

Renegade
Stan
Role Model
Rock Bottom
I'm Back
Lose Yourself

These are good songs.

I love The Blueprint, and that song is decent, but it always comes across as jarring to me because it's so obviously an Eminem song placed near the end of a Jay-Z album. It's always struck me as out of place when compared to the soulful Kanye/Just Blaze beats.

Not controversial but it annoys me.

The amount of Hip Hop albums that are released where the artwork is a baby photo of the artist (or a portrayal of that, for example Biggie).

I believe it was a Jazz album that originally started it but Nas was the first to do this in Hip Hop. Biggie copied him and now everyone is at it. Even British rappers. I've just seen the cover for the new Killer Mike album and that's what made me post.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 16, 2023, 09:40 PMNot controversial but it annoys me.

The amount of Hip Hop albums that are released where the artwork is a baby photo of the artist (or a portrayal of that, for example Biggie).

I believe it was a Jazz album that originally started it but Nas was the first to do this in Hip Hop. Biggie copied him and now everyone is at it. Even British rappers. I've just seen the cover for the new Killer Mike album and that's what made me post.

I can't think of that many that do that.

You remember the late '90s No Limit and Cash Money album covers? Compared to those, baby pictures seem like a preferable alternative.

Quote from: SGR on Jun 17, 2023, 12:35 AMI can't think of that many that do that.

You remember the late '90s No Limit and Cash Money album covers? Compared to those, baby pictures seem like a preferable alternative.

Those were the worst.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

This one is a masterpiece of that style though.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 17, 2023, 04:18 AMThis one is a masterpiece of that style though.

This one too:

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 17, 2023, 04:24 AMThis one too:

This album is actually pretty damn good. Gotta love Kool Keith.

Quote from: SGR on Jun 17, 2023, 04:04 PMThis album is actually pretty damn good. Gotta love Kool Keith.

Definitely! It's one of my favorite albums by him.