I would start a journal but I'm not a good writer. I can't be bothered to write walls of text. All I want to do is discover more punk music that I will enjoy.I will then comment on it in here.

In this thread, please recommend punk albums that you think I should listen to.

Dreams gave me a list of about 20 a while ago and I'm working my way through them.

As a guide, NMTB is the best thing I've heard. Obviously I like London Calling too.

Please punk me up. Videos are cool but try not to overdo it if possible.

Peace and love x

Only God knows.

Try this one: X Ray-Spex- Germ Free Adolescents

The Word has spoken :D

Not sure what you've already listened to but here's a few of my top, all-time favorites...

Give 'Em Enough Rope - The Clash
Damned Damned Damned - The Damned
Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables - Dead Kennedys
The Ramones - The Ramones
Pink Flag - Wire
Singles Going Steady - The Buzzcocks
A Different Kind of Tension - The Buzzcocks
Los Angeles - X
Big Black Sun - X
No More Heroes - The Stranglers
Young, Loud and Snotty - Dead Boys

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Mar 08, 2023, 11:31 PMNot sure what you've already listened to but here's a few of my top, all-time favorites...

Give 'Em Enough Rope - The Clash
Damned Damned Damned - The Damned
Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables - Dead Kennedys
The Ramones - The Ramones
Pink Flag - Wire
Singles Going Steady - The Buzzcocks
A Different Kind of Tension - The Buzzcocks
Los Angeles - X
Big Black Sun - X
No More Heroes - The Stranglers
Young, Loud and Snotty - Dead Boys

Heard quite a few and forgot about the Ramones. But some I haven't heard and I like the ones I have so I will get on it thanks.

Only God knows.

Also, check out Generation X (Billy Idol's original band), The Undertones, Tuff Darts, and the Adverts. Gary Gilmore's Eyes is an absolute classic.

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Mar 08, 2023, 11:47 PMAlso, check out Generation X (Billy Idol's original band), The Undertones, Tuff Darts, and the Adverts. Gary Gilmore's Eyes is an absolute classic.

Thank you.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Mar 08, 2023, 11:47 PMAlso, check out Generation X (Billy Idol's original band), The Undertones, Tuff Darts, and the Adverts. Gary Gilmore's Eyes is an absolute classic.
Generation X is band that's always felt weirdly underrated to me. They have a lot of great songs.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Here's another one I forgot to mention. A good compilation of early songs by 'D.O.A.' out of Canada. Sometimes referred to as "the Canadian Clash"...

D.O.A. - Bloodied But Unbowed (1984)

I've never listened to D.O.A. much but I do love the album Last Scream of the Missing Neighbors that they did with Jello Biafra. 

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Also don't forget the post-punk bands of the early eighties like Black Flag, Mission of Burma, the Gun Club, Flipper, etc. They were considered hardcore at the time, but these guys really rock.

It should surprise absolutely no one that my favorite old school punk bands are the synthpunk bands of the late 70s/early 80s. The Screamers, The Units, Suicide, early Devo, etc. Definitely check them out as well.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

yo, do you know Cristina? If not then you should check her out:

That was meant for Mrs. Waffles but I also recommend it to Jimmy Jazz

I was going to say. Cristina's a nice pop act but she's hardly a punk.

bruh she is absolutely punk-adjacent

Punk, post punk, punk adjacent and everything else is welcome.

It must be somewhat punky though.

Only God knows.