Would you like a new, less moderated forum for controversial content?

Yes
6 (54.5%)
No
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Would it be too naive to ask both of you to metaphorically shake hands, leave the past where it is, not dredge it up each time one of you has a beef, and try to get on? I mean, constantly going back and forth it's exhausting: WWWP over on MB likened a similar argument to two kids fighting about whose mommy she was, failing to realise she's both their mommy. Although not really.

If there is no blame attached or directed to one or the other, despite either saying they're not to blame, if both agree to shake hands and try to get on and tolerate each other in the future, would that not be better? Or am I just living in a dream world? Oh but it's so much nicer here...

Quote from: Dreams on Mar 09, 2023, 01:08 PMthat's more dishonesty

"eugenics adjacent"

was just pathetic

pathetic moderation that it's still on the forum as well
You made thread complaining about how ChatGPT wouldn't help you compare the average IQ of white people to the average IQ of black people. If you can't comprehend how someone might see that as a hop skip and a jump from talking about eugenics, I don't know what to tell you. 

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 09, 2023, 01:18 PMWould it be too naive to ask both of you to metaphorically shake hands, leave the past where it is, not dredge it up each time one of you has a beef, and try to get on? I mean, constantly going back and forth it's exhausting: WWWP over on MB likened a similar argument to two kids fighting about whose mommy she was, failing to realise she's both their mommy. Although not really.

If there is no blame attached or directed to one or the other, despite either saying they're not to blame, if both agree to shake hands and try to get on and tolerate each other in the future, would that not be better? Or am I just living in a dream world? Oh but it's so much nicer here...
I've been trying to move on.

Glad to hear it!

Yes!

Quote from: Janszoon on Mar 09, 2023, 12:41 PM
Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 09, 2023, 08:44 AMThe Octagon could also just be a thread.

One thing I don't like about beefs is when they start to spill over into various threads and start derailing and putting their stain on discussions where it's not wanted. It would be better to work them beefs out in PMs. If that's not possible, consider using the ignore list. It's a good tool that I'm sure is way underused / underrated in general.
I'm not sure the ignore list helps. I tried it a few weeks ago and now I have someone hurling insults at me for not replying to his comments.

I had someone on mine for over six months.

By the time I took them off they were still quoting my posts and hurling insults at me.

Imagine being that sad. Mods did nothing as well.

Only God knows.

I have ignored people and it worked well, but these were just people whose vapid posts came frequent and were just a waste of space. I wasn't in any conflict with them.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Okay, great. Both of you have proven you're willing to let bygones be bygones. Nothing worse for a bygone than not being able to be one. Now let's just move on and work to make this place a better one.  :love:

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 09, 2023, 06:20 PMI have ignored people and it worked well, but these were just people whose vapid posts came frequent and were just a waste of space. I wasn't in any conflict with them.

Same here. I can deal with someone who has an issue with me but someone who floods the new posts page with no consideration for anyone else can bug me to death, especially with the vapid posts. I actually have blocked a couple friends on Facebook for doing that on my feed.

The Word has spoken :D

The other thing about Ignore that I found is that if someone quotes a post by the person you're Ignoring, you can still see it. So someone who, for instance, knew someone else was Ignoring them and had an ally on the forum, could use them to do a Trump/Twitter idea, targeting them through quoted posts, and also taunting them if they're that way inclined.

Maybe this is judgmental of me but I've always felt like the ignore button just screams lack of impulse control to me.  Like you can't help but read and respond.  So you put them on ignore.  Then other people quote them and you're forced to read it anyway lol.

I have met people over the years who respond to the person they have on ignore and then when the person responds back they'll post the "you have so and so on ignore" message the forum gives to hide ignored posts. Those people are the best.