Midnight Run is next movie up for the SCD Film Club and anyone else who might wanna join.

The rough description went as follows:

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 24, 2023, 12:16 AM

Midnight Run is a crime action/comedy movie from the 80s featuring Bob DeNiro in the lead role. I've bever seen it, but it is supposedly a lot of fun, so.. it's been on my to-do list for quite a while now.

If you've seen it, please share your thoughts with us. If you haven't, well.. what are you waiting for? 🍿🍿🍿

Happiness is a warm manatee

So I watched this. It was a decent buddy comedy. Charles Grodin and Robert De Niro were good and had some decent chemistry.

Not terribly memorable, but entertaining and kinda easy.

The weirdest thing about it is music by Danny Elfman and it's kinda cheesy sounding and fun.

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 08, 2023, 11:50 PMSo I watched this. It was a decent buddy comedy. Charles Grodin and Robert De Niro were good and had some decent chemistry.

Not terribly memorable, but entertaining and kinda easy.

The weirdest thing about it is music by Danny Elfman and it's kinda cheesy sounding and fun.
It's been a long time since I've seen that one, but I remember having pretty much the same reaction as you. I know quite a few people who absolutely love it though.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Yeah, I did read a glowing recommendation before I saw it. I guess it really grabs some peeps.