Mar 06, 2023, 05:00 PM Last Edit: Apr 04, 2023, 07:50 PM by Guybrush
I had a weird idea. What if we each did a short video (or one done altogether via Zoom or whatever) where we talk about the forum, promote it, say what's on it, introduce it and see if anyone wants to join? Lash it up on YouTube and those of you with SM experience could disseminate it through whatever channels you think best? Oh, that's Social Media, not the other thing. Get your minds out of the gutter: there's only room for one here and that's mine.

I don't think something like this has been done before and it might help to bring us to the public attention a little. Even if people were just laughing at us, it would at least engender some awareness of the forum. It's also I think a selling point that we could say we're new and we welcome people to help us build it, take their ideas on board, all that stuff.

Anyone with experience in video editing would of course be a great asset, if there's anyone like that here, or anyone knows anyone who would help.

Comments?

It's a fun idea, TH 🙂 It's not something I'm comfortable with, but what the heck. I'd be up for it!

Happiness is a warm manatee

Some of us would have to figure out how to video ourselves for starters. Let's just say, it's something I've never done before.

The Word has spoken :D

I don't think that it's going to work very well, but we can try, I want that this community will grow.
At the moment we don't have spam accounts like on YouTube Facebook music banter and so on.
Maybe do a Facebook page with updates and other stuff, for this forum? And see how it goes there.
A video is very advanced level for the moment I think. Not to mention uploading it to YouTube.

It's really not that difficult I would say. You can use the webcam in your computer or if you don't have one of those you can film yourself with your phone, then upload the file to your PC or laptop. Editing might be more of a problem, which is why I said someone with that sort of experience would be good (where's our Plankton when we need him, huh?) but once it's done it's literally hit upload on YouTube, answer a few simple questions and off it goes.

I draw the line, however, at dancing for a TikTok video!  :laughing:

You know what, I'm down. I can film something and I do have video editing experience. Be warned, I can and will ham it up for the camera.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Tbh I am too ugly for the camera, so no.

Only God knows.