TOOL. They're Radiohead for edgelords, and guys who say "well actually" but the fans aren't the bands fault. And they make some great music. And while I thought Fear Inoculum was a lesser retread of 10,000 Days, I will always love them. As of today, they're going out on another North American tour.

Tool Announce Fall 2023 North American Tour Dates

If you're coming up to the Gahden, drop me a line.

While I'm not a fan and only know their most well known songs, they are one of the bands I remember fondly from the late 90s.

I've also understood that they're rumoured to have an obnoxious, fedora wielding (?), well-actually, all male fanbase, but their sound as I know them is pretty great and their songs are original.

So well actually they're cool in my book :pimp:

Happiness is a warm manatee

I really haven't listened to them much since the 90s, but I always respected them as a band. I honestly wasn't even aware their fanbase had a bad reputation, they just seemed like a band that a large swath of people in my age group listened to.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 06, 2023, 11:23 PMI've also understood that they're rumoured to have an obnoxious, fedora wielding (?), well-actually, all male fanbase

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 06, 2023, 11:42 PMI honestly wasn't even aware their fanbase had a bad reputation

Please see here:

I liked them a lot in high school. I still do to some extent, but while I used to be all about their later, proggier stuff back then, these days I think their early stuff is more enjoyable to me as an adult. I prefer when they had more of that kinda transgressive sludgy alt rock vibe rather than making 10 minute songs about fractals or whatever.

I think that era (Lateralus and 10,000 Days specifically) is where they developed the reputation for having neckbeard fans, though my high school experience was that they were more popular with stoners than fedora-clad nerds.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: TheBig3 on Jun 07, 2023, 03:11 AMPlease see here:

I have never met such a person.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 07, 2023, 03:26 AMI think that era (Lateralus and 10,000 Days specifically) is where they developed the reputation for having neckbeard fans, though my high school experience was that they were more popular with stoners than fedora-clad nerds.

The only fan I remember meeting in person was definitely the stoner type.

Happiness is a warm manatee