Don't make me bring out the Hitler gifs.

Tweeters of the world unite!

#1 Jan 12, 2023, 07:40 PM Last Edit: Jan 12, 2023, 07:42 PM by Guybrush
It's a good idea :clap: How about you start one in the secret forum?

https://scd.community/index.php?board=7.0

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yes let's start a SYG on a forum where niceness is mandated. Doesn't that sound like fun????

Quote from: Jwb on Feb 23, 2023, 04:05 AMYes let's start a SYG on a forum where niceness is mandated. Doesn't that sound like fun????

JWB, take a look at this and tell me what you see:

https://www.musicbanter.com/introductions/announcement-musicbanter-forum-rules-updated-10-07-12.html

What is your point? You know I'm not going to read that.

Quote from: Jwb on Feb 23, 2023, 07:00 AMWhat is your point? You know I'm not going to read that.

It's the musicbanter forum rules :laughing:

Anyways, the first really popular SYG thread didn't start off as a toxic cesspool. Take a look at the early pages here if you want.

https://www.musicbanter.com/editors-pick/41000-spill-your-guts-what-you-really-think-about-mb-members.html

And the best version of that thread, to my mind, isn't a toxic cesspool of insults, trolling and antagonism.

I consider myself liberal minded in terms of content as long as it's not malicious, trolly, intended to harm or hurt others. If that sort of content would become too much for MB, it's not gonna fly here either.

Oh man, seeing JayJamJah mentioned in that thread kind of bummed me out. Poor guy.  :-\

This is what you want. This is what you get.

^Yeah, the mental health struggle is real :( Hopefully we can support and help each other.

The first thing I saw was this:

Quote from: Bane of Your ExistenceJanszoon
I can't really think of anything to say about him, so he must be kind of bland? I don't really know the guy.

Toretorden
Should not be the mod of anything. Kind of like the yin to Sleepy's yang. He also argues for the sake of it, but usually is wrong about everything he says. Also, never entertaining.

That made me laugh out loud :laughing:

Batlord, are you joining the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? :laughing:

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 23, 2023, 01:00 PM^Yeah, the mental health struggle is real :( Hopefully we can support and help each other.

The first thing I saw was this:

Quote from: Bane of Your ExistenceJanszoon
I can't really think of anything to say about him, so he must be kind of bland? I don't really know the guy.

Toretorden
Should not be the mod of anything. Kind of like the yin to Sleepy's yang. He also argues for the sake of it, but usually is wrong about everything he says. Also, never entertaining.

That made me laugh out loud :laughing:
:laughing:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Wow, that thread is bringing back all the memories. Sleepy Jack? Cardboard Adolescent? Frickin' Captain Caveman?!

Feels like just yesterday I was fresh out of high school, randomly googling "music forum" and discovering all the diverse personalities in that community.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Feb 23, 2023, 01:39 PMWow, that thread is bringing back all the memories. Sleepy Jack? Cardboard Adolescent? Frickin' Captain Caveman?!

Feels like just yesterday I was fresh out of high school, randomly googling "music forum" and discovering all the diverse personalities in that community.

Sleepy Jack is with us, even if he isn't active 🙂

He's here as @theevilone

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 23, 2023, 08:24 AM
Quote from: Jwb on Feb 23, 2023, 07:00 AMWhat is your point? You know I'm not going to read that.

It's the musicbanter forum rules :laughing:

Anyways, the first really popular SYG thread didn't start off as a toxic cesspool. Take a look at the early pages here if you want.

https://www.musicbanter.com/editors-pick/41000-spill-your-guts-what-you-really-think-about-mb-members.html

And the best version of that thread, to my mind, isn't a toxic cesspool of insults, trolling and antagonism.

I consider myself liberal minded in terms of content as long as it's not malicious, trolly, intended to harm or hurt others. If that sort of content would become too much for MB, it's not gonna fly here either.
wrong.  SYG at its peak was Freebase told vanilla she looked like a tranny and the entire thread imploded.

Quote from: Jwb on Feb 24, 2023, 04:17 AMwrong.  SYG at its peak was Freebase told vanilla she looked like a tranny and the entire thread imploded.

Is that why Vanilla left for years, then?

I don't think so. But I do think that's what led to it getting shut down.