Another favorite smell I forgot to list:  Toasted marshmallows

I once had a toasted marshmallow milk shake, with a toasted marshmallow on top.  It was to die for. 

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 19, 2023, 06:58 PMMy daughter gave me Daisy by Marc Jacobs as a gift a few years ago.  It's a really nice fragrance if you like floral-forward perfumes.  Also has just a hint of musk, which balances the sweetness. 

Ah nice, I like that fragrance too, I wore it to the party last Friday in fact.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

^ Really?!  * cues Twilight Zone music *

Well, maybe not such a coincidence - it's popular, and seems to me a *Mrs. Waffles* sort of scent.  :)

A few more I just thought of...

The smell of fresh mint leaves.

Fresh pine.

New lumber.

The ocean at high tide.

A camp fire on a cold night.

The inside of a greenhouse filled with plants.

The smell of WD-40 :laughing:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 19, 2023, 07:01 PMAnother favorite smell I forgot to list:  Toasted marshmallows

I once had a toasted marshmallow milk shake, with a toasted marshmallow on top.  It was to die for. 

OMFG just hearing you describe this makes me want one right now.

I was this cool the whole time.

Here you go, DJ!   :D

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 20, 2023, 07:18 PMThe smell of WD-40 :laughing:

Somehow WD-40 becomes much more interesting in Norwegian.   ;D

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 21, 2023, 06:19 PMSomehow WD-40 becomes much more interesting in Norwegian.   ;D

Haha, maybe 😄

We got swedish up top, then finnish, danish and norwegian at the bottom 🙂

#24 Sep 21, 2023, 10:05 PM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2023, 10:09 PM by ribbons
I thought the Finnish part looked very different than the others.  :D

I have never smelled WD-40.  Next time I go to the hardware store I'll take a sniff.   :)

I've never really noted much of a distinctive smell of WD40 either, and I worked at a hardware store for two years.

I also had to use a lot of it to remove a coaxial cable from the wall last year to replace the modem and router. The mister had his old one for like 7 years, never touching it in that whole time, and it had rusted to the wall screw.

Not a fun day!

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 21, 2023, 10:05 PMI thought the Finnish part looked very different than the others.  :D

Yes, it's the only one which isn't a Germanic language. I don't really understand finnish, but I can usually understand danish and swedish just fine!

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 21, 2023, 10:05 PMI have never smelled WD-40.  Next time I go to the hardware store I'll take a sniff.   :)

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Sep 21, 2023, 10:29 PMI've never really noted much of a distinctive smell of WD40 either, and I worked at a hardware store for two years.

Oh, you guys need to get a whiff. It's not a very strong smell, but very pleasant.

It has so many uses already, so probably works as a perfume too 👌

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 22, 2023, 12:31 AMIt has so many uses already, so probably works as a perfume too 👌

LOL!  I've never been so eager to visit the hardware store. 

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Sep 21, 2023, 10:29 PMI've never really noted much of a distinctive smell of WD40 either, and I worked at a hardware store for two years.

I also had to use a lot of it to remove a coaxial cable from the wall last year to replace the modem and router. The mister had his old one for like 7 years, never touching it in that whole time, and it had rusted to the wall screw.

Not a fun day!

That's very impressive, Mrs. Waffles  :laughing:  Seriously.  I'm the least handy person on earth; I bought a pink drill last month from Amazon and still haven't taken it out of the box. 

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 22, 2023, 04:43 AMThat's very impressive, Mrs. Waffles  :laughing:  Seriously.  I'm the least handy person on earth; I bought a pink drill last month from Amazon and still haven't taken it out of the box. 

I'm not the handiest person, there's certainly some skills I've picked up, both from working at my old hardware store job and doing stuff at home, but power tools are my weak spot so I feel you on that. I can do hammers and nails and wrenches and screws and all that, but you give me a drill or an electric saw or anything and I'm like nope, haha.